wr450 clutch much heavier than mates yz250. why?

2 replies to this topic
  • daverw

Posted August 08, 2013 - 09:02 AM

My wr450 has such a heavy/stiff clutch that after a long day riding I pretty much lose all my grip strength in my left hand. I had the clutch case open today to fix a cracked clutch cover so figured I would pull the whole clutch apart for a clean and measure to see if all in spec etc. Its no wonder it takes so much strength to pull the pressure plate has 6 heavy springs to squeeze against. So how come my mate's yz250 has a clutch you can squeeze easily all day with 1 finger?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 123devinzz1

Posted August 08, 2013 - 11:25 AM

A freshly lubed cable does wonders on my bike but you still gota use 2 fingers comfortably. I think my clutch basket is getting bad but il let it be. Thinkn about putting a rekluse in later on

• Krannie McKranface

Posted August 08, 2013 - 12:15 PM

Too many variables to define exactly what it is.

Usually, it is a worn clutch lever and cable (binding, lost leverage) or a worn clutch basket.

Simple carbon build up in the oil can make the clutch stiffer.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.