NEW YZ 400 FRAME FOR SALE

6 replies to this topic
  • PARTSGURU

Posted December 11, 2001 - 05:40 AM

I HAVE A BRAND NEW 99 YZ400 FRAME STILL IN THE YAMAHA WRAP. I WAS GOING TO POWDERCOAT IT AND USE IT ON MY YZ400. BUT I RAN OUT OF TIME. MSRP ON THE FRAME IS 819.95, IM ASKING 325.00 AND I CAN SHIP IT TO YOU.

• PaulP

Posted December 11, 2001 - 05:16 PM

Is the 99 frame the same as the 2001 426 or have they made changes?

• PARTSGURU

Posted December 12, 2001 - 05:28 AM

Originally posted by PaulP:
Is the 99 frame the same as the 2001 426 or have they made changes?

THE YAMAHA PART NUMBERS ARE DIFFERENT, BUT THAT COULD BE BECAUSE OF THE PAINT CODE, MAYBE SOME MEMBERS COULD HELP US OUT ON THIS ONE?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Tim

Posted December 12, 2001 - 09:26 AM

If I remember right, there were some frame changes when the 400 became the 426 (2000). It is really streaching my brain cells, but I thought there was some foot peg mounting diferences and I think the swing arm is different too. Do your homework before you get almost done re-assembling your bike and figure out something does not match up. $325 is a good deal. If I thought it would fit my 2000 I would be interested.
Sorry I could not be of more help.
Tim

• Glen_T

Posted December 13, 2001 - 01:49 PM

Hey Paul,

I have a 00/426 and while I was waiting for the beast, I poured over every test I could find. The steering head angle was changed a bit, and if I remember right, Yamaha moved the steering head out about 10mm from the 99 frame. They are certainly different, but could you use it? Probably, but do your homework first. Hope this helps.
GLEN

• kirktemp

Posted December 15, 2001 - 07:33 PM

PARTSGURU I am interested in the frame. Why are you selling it? did you paint your original frame instead? Let me know?

Kirk

• PARTSGURU

Posted December 16, 2001 - 05:17 AM

hello kirktemp,my original frame is powder coated black. i have the yellow one industries kit on my bike.i was going to powdercoat this new frame and go back to blue, but i ran out of time in the off season. so now i have a new frame that i dont really need. thanx, partsguru

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  113 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Wilson the Blue Privateer by jetfuel

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  50 replies
Forums
Photo

Should I buy this bike? help....... by Numsa Hul

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 10 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.