yz426 cams

2 replies to this topic
  • monkey jason

Posted August 06, 2013 - 12:53 PM

Will stock yz426 cams give a wr400 more power?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tcmII

Posted August 06, 2013 - 06:07 PM

You would get a similar power curve change by retiming the exhaust cam.  If I remember correctly you change the number of pins between the top timing marks on the cam from 13 to 12.  You should be able to search this forum to find the answer.  No need to change the intake.

I would also suggest you search the 450 cam swap, if you use the YZ cam you'll get something in the middle because the 450 has a little smother power curve.  You also get the auto decompression.  I've been running this for a few years with no problem, but you will have to time by eye and re-shim.

• monkey jason

Posted August 07, 2013 - 04:30 AM

I've already retarted the exaust cam, I was just wondering if the yz cam was a little more radical. Thanks for the 450 cam idea.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.