WANTED RIDING BUDDIES

18 replies to this topic
  • h_bomb

Posted December 10, 2001 - 03:05 PM

I just got a 2002 yz 426f IM looking for people who like to ride as much as me I live in Redondo Beach Ca I usally ride at cal city ,redrock dove springs camping out or just for the day also I go to local mx tracks to practice WANNA GO RIDING :)

• kev426

Posted December 10, 2001 - 03:33 PM

i live in Gardena about 5min away from Redondo i ride red rock, dove springs, gorman, ridgecrest or anyware else i can. never ridden a track.

kevin abshear

[ December 10, 2001: Message edited by: kev426 ]

• kirktemp

Posted December 10, 2001 - 05:36 PM

hbomb and kev,

I have a reserved the track at Hungry Valley(Gorman) for wednesday 12/11. I have a couple spots still available. $25 a rider. 9am-1pm. Only 20 riders total. It is a great opportunity to try out the track with out lots or other riders out there. Let me know by tomorrow afternoon.

• kev426

Posted December 10, 2001 - 07:14 PM

Hey kirk how ya doing? i cant make it during the weekdays :) Have you been out to the wells? we should hook up for a ride soon.
kevin

• yzernie

Posted December 10, 2001 - 08:37 PM

Originally posted by kirktemp:
I have a reserved the track at Hungry Valley(Gorman) for wednesday 12/11

Wednesday is 12-12, Tuesday is 12-11.

Ernie

• h_bomb

Posted December 11, 2001 - 11:23 AM

I cant make it this time but thanks for the invite.Im going to break in my bike this weekend at cal city or dove springs.Im going saturday morning tell sunday ,everybody welcome to go :)

• Maicoman

Posted December 11, 2001 - 02:23 PM

So Cal riders,
Can't hook up with you anymore, but it's great to see that you can still where we rode for years and taught our kids to ride.
I lived in Gardena, and Redondo/Torrance, before moving out to AZ.
Is it true that a prison was built outside Cal-City, off of Virgina St. ? and did the Jawbone store burn down ?

• h_bomb

Posted December 11, 2001 - 03:01 PM

Maico man the store did burn down about 5 years ago ,thats to bad it was fun riding down to the store and yes they did build the prison out at cal city

• h_bomb

Posted December 11, 2001 - 03:05 PM

Maico man the store did burn down about 5 years ago ,thats to bad it was fun riding down to the store and yes they did build the prison out at cal city

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kirktemp

Posted December 11, 2001 - 03:58 PM

Sorry about the typo on the date. Yes it is still for wed. 12/12 from 9-1pm. Any TT's are welcome to ride. There are only to be about 20 riders, but we can fudge a bit by 3 or 4 riders. Just call me so I can get you on the list. My cell ph. #562-618-7893.

h bomb have fun breaking in your bike this weekend. A couple suggestions for bike prep. Grease all your bearings and pivot points. Yamaha puts the minimum amount of grease in there bikes. You will only benefit from this down the rode. I learned this from TT's. I couldn't believe how dry they were!! :D My front wheel actually spins freely since I re-packed them, I just may even be a little faster too :D Have fun in the desert, with I could go but I am going down to Ensenada to distribute Christman gifts to some orphanges this weekend :)

• kirktemp

Posted December 11, 2001 - 04:00 PM

Sorry about the typo on the date. Yes it is still for wed. 12/12 from 9-1pm. Any TT's are welcome to ride. There are only to be about 20 riders, but we can fudge a bit by 3 or 4 riders. Just call me so I can get you on the list. My cell ph. #562-618-7893.

h bomb have fun breaking in your bike this weekend. A couple suggestions for bike prep. Grease all your bearings and pivot points. Yamaha puts the minimum amount of grease in the bikes. You will only benefit from this down the rode. I learned this from TT's. I couldn't believe how dry they were!! :D My front wheel actually spins freely since I re-packed them, I just may even be a little faster too :D Have fun in the desert, wish I could go but I am going down to Ensenada & distribute Christmas gifts to some orphanges this weekend :)

• Maicoman

Posted December 12, 2001 - 06:58 AM

h bomb
Thanks for the info, to bad about the store :)

Hopefully we can make the trip over during Xmas break, sure would be great to ride out there.

• MotoMiester

Posted December 12, 2001 - 11:39 AM

hbomb,kev426 and kirktemp,

I'm always looking for people to ride with, so next time you guys go somewhere, post it and we'll try to hook-up.
I'm going to the Sunrise MX track in Adelanto (sp?) this Sat.. I will pretty much ride most anywhere in So. Cal. as long as I have time enough to get the proper kitchen pass :)
Have fun and maybe we'll meet some time soon.

• dezracer

Posted December 12, 2001 - 12:07 PM

I live in Seal Beach, and I am down to ride anytime, just post it. I have a new yz426 as well and absolutley love it. I will never return to the 2-smoke relm. Ride Blue!

Eric

• MojaveMutt

Posted December 12, 2001 - 12:30 PM

I live in the high desert in Apple Valley. I'm about 10 minutes down the road from a bunch of bitchen trails in the desert that alot of people don't know about. Any of you guys are welcome any time, and i'll show you the stuff. If you have a plated bike that's a plus , but we can work around that. I'm off every Fri. as well as weekends, as a matter of fact i'm going riding this Friday. Any one interested in 100 mile rides?

Glenn

• dezracer

Posted December 12, 2001 - 05:09 PM

100 miles? That's riding! I would love to check out some of those trails. I only have a stock tank so, 40 miles is about my limit. I race and ride out that way alot. This weekend is my clubs X-mas party at Slash x so it's out...I would like to ride in the future. Shoot me an e-mail next time, ygp800@hotmail.com. Later

Eric

• yzernie

Posted December 12, 2001 - 07:29 PM

Kirk,

How was it??? Wish I could have gone. I just had to many things to do around the house because I went to Saddleback twice last week. :)

Ernie

• kirktemp

Posted December 13, 2001 - 06:43 AM

YZErnie it was an epic day at Hungry Valley! Great track. I would say it is a cross between Glen Helen and Elsinore. The staff were very accomadating, we could have them water whenever we wanted, made coffee for us and had a heater on in the changing area. Definately going to do it again soon. I was even thinking about next wednesday the 19th. I need to round up some guys.

• MotoMiester

Posted December 13, 2001 - 10:04 PM

Hey Kirktemp,

Anytime you need riders to help with a track rental let me know. I'd be glad to try and help (read participate) :)
My last ride was at HV on a Monday, and it really spoils ya....perfectly prepped track, no crowds, no watering breaks unless you ask for one. Ya gotta love it :D
Keep us posted for your next ride!
CLIFF

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.