NCVS needle better then stock

No replies to this topic
  • RMK800

Posted August 02, 2013 - 07:56 PM

There is a lot of info on this needle but not much comparing it to stock.

I've been riding my 2007 WR450 with the stock needle and tuned for my elevation with a 50 leak jet. I felt like my throttle response was very good, but we always want more right. I wanted to add a merge spring and after messaging Krannie about this needle (Thank you!) I figured it was a good time since I had to take the carb out.

I just took a 40 mile ride starting at 4500 and ended up at 9500. The throttle was so much crisper and more responsive. The needle was very noticeable especially in the mid..... I call this one of the best free mods because it was only 10.00 plus shipping.

If your running the stock needle, definitely worth the time and money. I have no idea about JD needles, but this is working for me..

My current settings.

Elev. 4500 to 10000
Needle: NCVS - 3rd clip down
Main: 162
Pilot: 45
Leak jet: 50
Fuel screw: 2 turns
Merge spring

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.