Yamaha experts?

1 reply to this topic
  • Bass Mechanic

Posted August 01, 2013 - 09:00 PM

who here knows of someone who is the go to expert as far as yamahas are concerned. i have some specific questions i would like to get the advice of someone who knows a lot about the yamaha wr450 and the FI setup as well as go fast parts.
i want to know specifics on the best way to set it up, and tune it.
thanks!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted August 02, 2013 - 04:27 AM

who here knows of someone who is the go to expert as far as yamahas are concerned. i have some specific questions i would like to get the advice of someone who knows a lot about the yamaha wr450 and the FI setup as well as go fast parts.
i want to know specifics on the best way to set it up, and tune it.
thanks!

If you know exactly what you want, most of the posters here can help you.
If you don't, you need to start reading, to find out what is available, what the benefits/detriments are to each option.
The new FI bikes come kinda messed up, (just like the carb'd bikes were) so you basically have to start from scratch and create a change in the intake, exhaust, and mapping to get a bike that runs clean and strong.
The go-to set up is the Yamaha GYTR kit from your dealer. It works very well. You just install it, and program it to their spec.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.