Power pack

13 replies to this topic
  • 1st_yzf426_myfoothurts

Posted August 01, 2013 - 05:48 AM

Has anyone here used or heard of the power pack? And if so is it worth spending the 45 bucks? Just looking for a little bit better throttle response and snap off the bottom end.

• 1st_yzf426_myfoothurts

Posted August 01, 2013 - 07:57 AM

This is the product I'm talking about

http://www.startingl...80#.UfqFPqa9LCQ

• roostierooster855

Posted August 01, 2013 - 08:01 AM

There bs

• 1st_yzf426_myfoothurts

Posted August 01, 2013 - 09:33 AM

Any particular reason why or they just don't work?

• roostierooster855

Posted August 01, 2013 - 11:34 AM

Same as the power wing etc there's others out there and there's threads about theme there a waste of money money, a lot of people use theme to help cover IP jetting issues

• 1st_yzf426_myfoothurts

Posted August 01, 2013 - 11:39 AM

Gotcha I would assume that you would think the quick shot would be along the same lines?

• roostierooster855

Posted August 01, 2013 - 11:54 AM

The quick shot I never tried, but its basically an adjustable leak jet.... so you turn the screw to control how long the duration of the squirt of gas is vs changing out the leak jet so relay it makes life easier that's all

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted August 01, 2013 - 04:13 PM

This product has benefits, and it's not snake oil.
The problem is, that is has side effects, too.
When you restrict the size of the carb's intake by 1mm, you can feel an increase in low rpm throttle response, at the expense of high rpm power.
Adding the wing reduces turbulence, making the vacuum created by the rushing air over the needle jet, stronger and more linear. Better throttle response.
But it cannot increase HP (unless it fixes a jetting aboration), and it can't increase fuel economy (unless you consciously turn the throttle less), so it's just a 'tuning fork' of a product.

• roostierooster855

Posted August 01, 2013 - 06:59 PM

There for its be,.... really if u want to make a difference in power and throttle response buy a JD jet kit. With a properly metres bike you should not have problems with throttle response etc. This is a band aid to help with bad jetting ..... don't be scared. Mess with your jetting worst comes to worse you go back to stock but with a JD jet kit out will make it easier to get it dialed in right. These bike come jetted decent but from the factory they will never be perfect for where you live, the fuel you use and any aftermarket parts you may have, you can always improve jetting

• Corkster

Posted August 01, 2013 - 07:22 PM

This product has benefits, and it's not snake oil.
The problem is, that is has side effects, too.
When you restrict the size of the carb's intake by 1mm, you can feel an increase in low rpm throttle response, at the expense of high rpm power.
Adding the wing reduces turbulence, making the vacuum created by the rushing air over the needle jet, stronger and more linear. Better throttle response.
But it cannot increase HP (unless it fixes a jetting aboration), and it can't increase fuel economy (unless you consciously turn the throttle less), so it's just a 'tuning fork' of a product.

x2

There for its be,.... really if u want to make a difference in power and throttle response buy a JD jet kit. With a properly metres bike you should not have problems with throttle response etc. This is a band aid to help with bad jetting ..... don't be scared. Mess with your jetting worst comes to worse you go back to stock but with a JD jet kit out will make it easier to get it dialed in right. These bike come jetted decent but from the factory they will never be perfect for where you live, the fuel you use and any aftermarket parts you may have, you can always improve jetting

x2

• 1st_yzf426_myfoothurts

Posted August 04, 2013 - 01:04 PM

The other problem I'm having is the when I crack the throttle real quick at idle once in a while it will just die. And it takes a while to return to idle speed it seems to just hang onto the eps instead of dropping back down. Would that be a jetting issue as well?

• roostierooster855

Posted August 04, 2013 - 03:43 PM

Possibly cause the bike is cold, dirty carb, or jetting issue

• 1st_yzf426_myfoothurts

Posted August 04, 2013 - 03:52 PM

It's def clean when I bought the bike it didn't run and was told that it just needed a new plug. Taking that advise with a grain of salt I had spark and good compression and when I took the carb apart the jets were laying in the bottom of the float bowl. So I cleaned it very well changed the main and pilot jet and got a quick adjusting air screw I just know know much about adjusting jets so I have read that a Jd kit is the way to go and may break down and get one

• roostierooster855

Posted August 04, 2013 - 05:40 PM

Tune your air screw first, there's instructions on JDS website

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.