Vacuum Tubes

6 replies to this topic
  • Kicker98

Posted July 31, 2013 - 02:46 PM

I took apart my carburetor and cleaned it a little. I took it off because of an idle and full throttle bogging. None of the jets were clogged, I sprayed carb cleaner to just make sure. My question is are my vacuum tubes correct. I have searched for diagrams, but none show the correct tubing. The black piece to the left of the carburetor. Any help would be much appreciated. Also it is a pain to start now worse than before lol. And it has a new spark plug in it.

Attached Thumbnails

• 1375310756612.jpg

• grayracer513

Posted July 31, 2013 - 02:52 PM

Since you didn't say what kind of bike you have, how would anyone know?

• Kicker98

Posted July 31, 2013 - 07:02 PM

Lol sorry forgot that part was in a hurry when I wrote that. It's a 1998 Yamaha yz400f. Sorry bout that lol.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Yz400f Jeff

Posted August 02, 2013 - 06:44 AM

Dosent even look like the sane carb as my 400f

Attached Thumbnails

• 1375454636835.jpg

• Kicker98

Posted August 02, 2013 - 04:00 PM

O wow. Then I wonder what carb it is lol. This is odd.

• Kicker98

Posted August 02, 2013 - 04:59 PM

Here is a video of me trying to start it. Right before this I cleaned the jets and carb. I put oil in because it was too low, but wasn't paying attention and accidently filled it up the entire way fml. I'm going to drain it a little in the morning. Near the end of the video you can hear what is sounds like to me air being pushed out. Can anyone help me.

• Kicker98

Posted August 02, 2013 - 09:12 PM

Dosent even look like the sane carb as my 400f

I found out why it doesn't look the same. Its because its a wr400 Carb lol. I guess the guy that traded me the bike didn't know what he was talking about. He said it was a yz but i pulled the diagram of a wr400 carb and it matches mine lol.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.