Storage of insurance & registration paper directly on your WR?

6 replies to this topic
  • Rusty99

Posted July 30, 2013 - 05:34 PM

Hi Guys,
As my bike is registered for riding on the road, I'd like to keep my insurance and registration papers directly on the bike. My first thought was to pump them in a ziplock bag underneath the seat. But then it occured to me I would need a socket/wrench to remove the seat if I was ever pulled over. I will keep a copy in my wallet I guess.

Anybody found a nice little storage hide away on the bike the stuff the papers?

I don't always wear a backpack or the same jacket so that's not an option for me. Would be nice to always know its with the bike.

• 123devinzz1

Posted July 30, 2013 - 05:54 PM

Hi Guys,
As my bike is registered for riding on the road, I'd like to keep my insurance and registration papers directly on the bike. My first thought was to pump them in a ziplock bag underneath the seat. But then it occured to me I would need a socket/wrench to remove the seat if I was ever pulled over. I will keep a copy in my wallet I guess.

I don't always wear a backpack or the same jacket so that's not an option for me. Would be nice to always know its with the bike.

zip tied or taped to the top of the airbox. If running fatbars with a nice big bar pad you could cut out a slot in the foam put your papers in then wrap the plastic covering back on. could work on bars with a padded crossbar as well therefore its only to rip apart the Velcro to get at your stuff. If those arent an option for you there are companies that make add on storage such as fender packs and tank bags.

• Rusty99

Posted July 30, 2013 - 05:56 PM

I like your idea of putting it inside the foam pad on the handle bars. I will give this a try.
cheers

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 123devinzz1

Posted July 30, 2013 - 05:59 PM

I like your idea of putting it inside the foam pad on the handle bars. I will give this a try.
cheers

I keep keys for a disc lock and a couple cards in mine

• Krannie McKranface

Posted July 30, 2013 - 07:53 PM

Shrunken copies in my back pack

• tomerb

Posted July 30, 2013 - 10:22 PM

I put a "packing slip enclosed" pouch on the back of the headlight/number plate with everything in it.

• DuncR6

Posted July 31, 2013 - 04:46 AM

What I did was:
1.) Laminated the paperwork
2.) Got "Industrial strength" velcro from Walmart in the painting/sewing/crafts section.
3.) Opened the airbox door and used an exacto kinfe to cut away the plastic ribbing on the door's interior
4.) Velcro'd the paperwork to the inside of the airbox door

This keeps it out of the way, clean, and I can still access the paperwork even while wearing gloves. Plus if the velcro ever failed which it won't, the paperwork can't get lost.

Edited by DuncR6, July 31, 2013 - 04:48 AM.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.