1999 yz426f

4 replies to this topic
  • Jharriet

Posted July 30, 2013 - 06:54 AM

My buddy has a 99 426 and last year the motor locked up on him, he couldnt even kick it atall, we adjusted the valves and it ran for about 10 mins and happened again. This time buying a entire new valve shim kit and installing it back to factory spec. The bike would crank over but wouldnt start, we jump started it and it started untill the choke shut of by itself. Jumped it again and it ran for a moment and locked up again, can hardly move the kickstart... Whete should i go from here

• Jharriet

Posted July 30, 2013 - 07:17 AM

Im going to adjust the valves again but i no its just gonna mess up... Possibly break something worse, im getting really frustrated with the bike.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted July 30, 2013 - 07:21 AM

I doubt the valve gear has anything to do with this. A more likely problem is a rod bearing locking up on you because a faulty roller cage is allowing the rollers to become skewed.

• Jharriet

Posted July 30, 2013 - 07:44 AM

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1375199034.850987.jpg

• grayracer513

Posted July 30, 2013 - 08:15 AM

And, BTW, there is no such thing as a '99 426. The '98-'99's were 400's. 426's were 2000-'02. Look at the front of the cylinder near the lower edge. The displacement will be cast in. There is a possibility that the cylinder has been swapped, however.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.