Can I make a 426 street legal?

3 replies to this topic
  • FoxRacing66

Posted July 30, 2013 - 05:28 AM

I have a 2000 yz426f, i need to find a way to make it street legal.

• rangerclass7sx

Posted August 04, 2013 - 01:22 PM

I have a 2000 yz426f, i need to find a way to make it street legal.

i dont know how hard it is to plate a dirtbike where you live

after you stator the bike, aftermarket or wr426 i think you can swap.(not sure of dtails) you need tail light , brake light, brake light switch, blinkers, blinker swithc, headlight with hi lo beam and switch, side mirrors, you may need a battery so incase you stall the bike in the middle of a intersection at night youre not ran over, might want an overflow can for the radiator so you dont loose antifreeze in slow traffic, i would recomend a kickstand and key switch, 

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mike_dean

Posted August 14, 2013 - 03:15 PM

i dont know how hard it is to plate a dirtbike where you live

after you stator the bike, aftermarket or wr426 i think you can swap.(not sure of dtails) you need tail light , brake light, brake light switch, blinkers, blinker swithc, headlight with hi lo beam and switch, side mirrors, you may need a battery so incase you stall the bike in the middle of a intersection at night youre not ran over, might want an overflow can for the radiator so you dont loose antifreeze in slow traffic, i would recomend a kickstand and key switch, 

Even after all that it is almost impossible in WI, the ID # will show that it is designed for offroad use only, safety, emissions, noise, etc. If you do get it to that level there is still a sticker on the frame the DOT will want to see that says it meets noise and emissions regulations from the manufacturer. This is in WI, you will have to check with your state, they are all different.

• NitrousR1

Posted August 16, 2013 - 05:19 PM

You will really have to check the title to see what the bike is labeled as. Here in PA if yours is labeled an offroad bike you basically can't make it street legal. However if its labeled as a motorcycle then after your high/low beam headlight, brake light, turn signals. License plate bracket and dot tires then you can make it street legal. Here it all depends how the bike was registered when purchased.

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.