Rock House

I am going with a group of people in late october. Any thoughts or recomendations on rock house? The cabin is already reserved and its by the rock house trailhead so ill be riding that for day 1 and possibly day 2. Any input or suggestions would be helpfull like good trails bad trails what the trails are like etc.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Ive rode it several times. Honestly , i like all the trails ive ridden there. A friend of mine rents a house in man for the weekend when he rides there. Its about a quarter mile from man highschool. Love riding into gilbert and eating at the mexi joint, great food and rider friendly !

• 3 weeks later...

My oldest son (15) and four other guys went up for 5 days in July and had a blast. They did not take bikes, just ATVs and a UTV. I've never been, but they had great things to say and we are now planning a fall trip as well...

The only thing one of the older guys said was that he was glad they were on ATVs because the terrain was really rough and rutted on the trails (from ATVs he said), BUT I gotta say this fella prefers a groomed MX track to single track so I didn't really let the comment change my opinion. The pictures I saw were nice trails and great scenery. 

Let us know how your trip goes.

• 3 weeks later...

I've got reservations in Man for the first weekend in Oct. I'll let you know how it goes.

I rode the Pocahontas trail out of Bramwell last weekend. It was a fun ride, but many of the trails were too challenging for me. I'm not a great rider and its been a long time (decades) since I rode seriously.

The Pocahontas, where dry, was fairly fun, but full of rocks. Where the trail was wet, it was too much for me and my Honda CRF230. The "dirt" is a mixture of coal dust and clay, when its wet, its really slippery. My knobbies didn't get any real traction on it.

The obvious solution is to either:

1) stay on the dry trails

2) be a better rider so you can climb the slippery stuff

I am going with a group of people in late october. Any thoughts or recomendations on rock house? The cabin is already reserved and its by the rock house trailhead so ill be riding that for day 1 and possibly day 2. Any input or suggestions would be helpfull like good trails bad trails what the trails are like etc.

Thanks

What if it rains? You gonna bail? :excuseme:

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I though that the "green" rockhouse trails were a little easier to ride than they were at Pocahontas. Or maybe it was easier because I rode Pocahontas a couple of week earlier.

The trails seem to match the color coding fairly well at the green/blue level. I did not try any of the double-diamond or red trails.

I was on my 230 Honda and one guy was on a 30+ year old Suzuki TS185. I think any half-way decent rider on any bike can have fun.

(A couple of guys were on KTMs and YZ Yamahas, they went tons faster than we did on our trail bikes).

The trail from Man to Gilbert reportedly was a ton of fun, and you can eat at Wally's when you get to the trailhead in Gilbert.

If it rains a lot, I think I'd have trouble with riding there.

• 2 weeks later...

We will be there late October as well. We'll be looking for ya!

I was riding a 13 kx450 with green chain, Had flat black fox helmet had  either yellow white and blue fox pants or purple blue and green fox pants with matching jerseys or a red and black rain jacket. I ran into a group of guys  one guy had a ktm, an older kx , a honda  or two and i ran into them at wendys after completing the last single track trail that dumps into man. I could not remember what bike you had besided that neat gas gas you got several months ago. I was with a group of atvs so being the only biker I was solo alot and waiting at trail intersections alot LOL. Yes it did rain the day i got there but it was not to bad for the rest of the days. I was there oct 24th and stayed till 27th.

Id like to ride with you guys sometime even if its raining :ride:  ...... well as long as its just not raining everyday?

• Like 2