should I be worried? 2008 yz450

1 reply to this topic
  • snowman394

Posted July 29, 2013 - 12:58 PM

I have been riding my 2008 for well close to 5 years, its been mostly trail ridden but I recently started doing some local hare scrambles and things have started to pop up. I was trail riding at a relatively quick pace through tight single track and didnt notice my water pump seal had failed and when I got back to the truck the radiators needed to be filled. I dont know how hot it got the temps were in the 60s that day and it rained for the most part. but now that I replaced the water pump seals it wont stay running at idle, I have messed around with idle and fuel settings. and now I notice quite a bit of air coming from the breather and oil fill( which to my understanding isnt too big of a deal)

My next step is to check the valve clearence but I am also worried about piston blow by. with the choke pulled out the bike will stay running but once the choke is in the bike wants to stutter and stop with no throttle it also is back firing quite a bit on engine breaking.

Any thoughts first steps second steps?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted July 29, 2013 - 03:46 PM

Clean your pilot jet.

Just spraying probably won't do it.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.