Stator/Rectifier Wiring Help Please

4 replies to this topic
  • midnight69er

Posted July 29, 2013 - 10:41 AM

Hello all,

I need some help to get my bike riding again. I bought my 2005 WR450 with the sicass racing street legal kit installed already. After riding at night with the light I noticed my battery would die. I soon found out that I need to do the stator mod and get a new rectifier. I got the stator mod done by a local shop and picked up the rectifier online.

I am not sure what to do at this point to make sure I don't mess anything up. What is the easiest fastest way to do this the right way? Thanks in advance!

• midnight69er

Posted July 29, 2013 - 11:06 AM

I am thinking of just cutting the wires at the stock rectifier and splicing them into the new trailtech rectifier and then hooking all the factory connections back together. There are two factory connections for the stator and two for the stock rectifier.

Will this work? I plan to leave the single wire coming out of the new rectifier unhooked.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • midnight69er

Posted July 29, 2013 - 11:14 AM

This is the kit that came with my bike. http://sicassracing....&products_id=44

• midnight69er

Posted July 31, 2013 - 01:07 PM

I followed the baja designs instructions on the stator and rectifier and now my bike has no power when I hit the power switch? Anyone have an idea?

• dustdogg

Posted July 31, 2013 - 06:07 PM

Start by checking your battery terminals and the fuses.

I sent my stator to Baja Designs and they floated the ground for 20 or 30 bucks. This mod along with their regulator/rectifier allows me to run my HID, dual sport kit and GPS with no problems no problem on my '07.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.