2007 wr450 ignition switch by pass ?

4 replies to this topic
  • step655

Posted July 28, 2013 - 03:52 PM

Is there a way I can bypass the ignition switch ( on/off) switch on my 07 wr450
Im looking to just use the kill switch and starter button id like to keep the lights wired on
I am also looking not to run the computer at all

Posted July 29, 2013 - 06:50 AM

There is a way but you will have to give up estart. The cdi requires 12 volts to run the bike. You can jumper the red and brown wires going to the switch but the battery will drain in short order. You can remove the battery and go kickstart only but that's the only way. The headlight runs off an entirely different circuit and will not be affected either way.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • step655

Posted July 30, 2013 - 04:13 AM

If I left the ignition switch pluged in and left head light pluged in will the bike run with out computer
I switched my sup and triple trees from a 09yz250
And im running a gpr so there's not much room or mounts for computer

Thanks in advance

Posted July 30, 2013 - 06:36 AM

By computer I'm going to assume you mean the odometer and not the cdi box? If so yes you can remove it.

• step655

Posted July 30, 2013 - 06:56 AM

Ok thank you

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.