octane booster, harm or help

2 replies to this topic
  • mat

Posted December 10, 2001 - 03:05 AM

well ive heard both ways on this guys, can octane booster hurt these motors, if its used in a little amount, i had tried a tiny bit in hopes it might clean out the exhuast area a little?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Boit

Posted December 10, 2001 - 03:57 AM

If you don't mind doing a bit of research, go to www.dirtrider.net and do a search on this topic. You will get some some top-notch info.

• Psycho426

Posted December 10, 2001 - 04:06 AM

mat - I must be honest with you, I have been using 93 unleaded since I had my bike and I'm not experiencing any pining or knocking whatsoever.But this was mostly ‘freshly’ pumped, the longer fuel ‘stands’ the more octane it looses(this also depends on temperature, the container you use etc..), I make a point of it to use ‘fresh’ gas as often as I can.

<font color=”green”> So, in my opinion, you don’t really need octane booster at all, if you use ‘freshly’ pumped gas.

Related Content

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.