2012 Stock Speedo/Computer won't work with Warp 9 SM Set-up?

3 replies to this topic
  • Bcfd113

Posted July 23, 2013 - 11:12 AM

Hey guys, can you please tell me if the supermoto set-up I just received from moto-x industries will still run my stock speedo? Granted i have yet to install them, but I do not see the tabs on their hub like i do on the stock one to turn the sensor.

I ordered the same set for my 2013 EXC 500 and they provided a magnet to use with the stock computer, so I thought this one would come set-up as well to use the stock speedo.

Thanks in advance guys.

• Corkster

Posted July 23, 2013 - 03:32 PM

KTM stock speedo uses an electronic pickup and the magnet will work. Yamaha is a mechanical drive off the wheel so will not work unless the hub matches. Solution is an aftermarket speedo. You will also need an aftermarket wheel spacer for your stock wheel if you change the speedo.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted July 23, 2013 - 04:33 PM

There is a 'secret' entry into the stock computer that lets you do other wheel sizes.
Do a search

• Corkster

Posted July 23, 2013 - 05:49 PM

There is a 'secret' entry into the stock computer that lets you do other wheel sizes.
Do a search

Wheel size is not the issue - the pickup is different

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.