'98 WR400 boiling gas, Help!

1 reply to this topic
  • Jeff_in_Colorado_Springs

Posted April 27, 2001 - 05:17 AM

I'm having problems with the gas in the tank boiling after riding for about an hour. The bike runs poorly when the boiling starts, since the bubbles make their way into the carb.
The previous owner has done some mods such as installing an IMS tank/YZ seat, YZ timing and removing the exhaust baffle. The bike runs great for the first hour, so I haven't messed with the jetting yet.

My high altitude riding lets gas boil at a lower temperature, but this is not normal. I'm running with premium pump gas, nothing exotic. Has anyone else had this problem with an IMS tank, or is my bike running too hot for other reasons? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • finglan

Posted April 27, 2001 - 05:38 AM

I have read other posts on this topic and the fix seems to be to remove the check valve that is in line on the tanks vent hose.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.