new panoram $29.00

6 replies to this topic
  • hempking

Posted December 08, 2001 - 03:09 PM

bike nashbar is selling brand new panorams for 29$. wireless for 39$ but i don't think wireless works well on motorcycles.
checkout www.bikenashbar.com :) :D

• 42SIX

Posted December 08, 2001 - 09:51 PM

Awesome find on the Panaram King... Do you know what the upgrade is????? I just bought a Panaram based on your posting... Thanks and if you find a link to Panaram direct please post it....

• hempking

Posted December 09, 2001 - 05:31 AM

www.topeak.com
follow link to computors

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Steve_Claus

Posted December 10, 2001 - 05:17 AM

Originally posted by hempking:
bike nashbar is selling brand new panorams for 29$. wireless for 39$ but i don't think wireless works well on motorcycles.
checkout www.bikenashbar.com :) :D

Good find on the computer! However, I can guarantee that the wiring harness that comes with the bicycle unit will not last out in the woods. I've been running my Panoram from TrailTech for a year now and love it. The wiring harness that Geoff has developed is designed for hard use by motorcycles in the woods. Plus, he uses a magnetic rotor bolt and beefy sensor. TrailTech also backs all of their stuff 110% (I know because a rock broke my computer, before I bought the billet protector, and TrailTech replaced it free). The new computer has all kinds of new features that are exclusive to the TrailTech model: * new firmware * enduro features * new screen * new backlighting * reinforced case * new internal lubrication for heavy offroad use * call Geoff at TrailTech for the rest of the new changes.

I'm sold on it...don't skimp on the bicycle version. You'll end up spending what you save on parts to make it trail-worthy, and A LOT of time, which TrailTech has already invested in making it that way.

IMHO... :D

--Steve

• Steve_Claus

Posted December 10, 2001 - 07:24 AM

Originally posted by 42SIX:
Awesome find on the Panaram King... Do you know what the upgrade is????? I just bought a Panaram based on your posting... Thanks and if you find a link to Panaram direct please post it....

Hey Guys,

I just got a reply from Geoff at TrailTech about the features that the new TrailTech Panoram has that the Topeak Panoram bicycle computer doesn't:
-------------------------------
Hi Steve,

The [bicycle] computer is different. It does not have:

scratch/chemical resistant screen
Increment/Decrement firmware
Hard gold contacts
vibration resistant contact design
impact resistant case
2x speed updates

We vibration tested the [bicycle] units with ours and they [the bicycle units] all failed within 40 hours.

Geoff
-------------------------------

Hope this helps...

--Steve

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted December 11, 2001 - 03:09 PM

Well,
I am not here to argue only to receive and give out what little advice that I contain in my little melon, BUT........I bought my "panoram" from walmart labled NEXT for 29 bucks.
I just looked at the odo 2min ago and it says I have a total of 616.3 miles and I have had it for a month or two.
I have done nothing but ride 3ft whoops / sand /mud/snow/rocks /dunes / and 17dgree temps for the last couple of months and have had...................ZERO............problems!!!
Not quite sure how many hrs but at 50-70 mph and all of these conditions I am super happy with it.
I have a friend that also has the WALLY WORLD setup since last yr and has had ............ZERO>>>>>>>>>>>> problems too.
Buy what you wish but I have and extra 40bucks in my wallet for BEER! or towards some other TRICK for the HURRICANE!!!
just my $.02

• RichB

Posted December 11, 2001 - 06:16 PM

Isn't a Pararam a piece of drug paraphernalia?

Just Kidding..........

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.