Motocross

Jeff Alessi busted with laser pointer and shining it in riders eyes...

557 replies to this topic
  • Racer_ex

Posted July 20, 2013 - 05:38 PM

I guess RV mentioned that he had it shining in his eyes during the start of the first moto.

Way to stay classy Jeff, just keeping the circus going for the Alessi family. Jesus Christ.

I hope this doesn't start a trend with idiots showing up to the races with laser pointers, Jeff needs to be punished harshly, period.

• Fryboy

Posted July 20, 2013 - 05:49 PM

I guess RV mentioned that he had it shining in his eyes during the start of the first moto.

Way to stay classy Jeff, just keeping the circus going for the Alessi family. Jesus Christ.

I hope this doesn't start a trend with idiots showing up to the races with laser pointers, Jeff needs to be punished harshly, period.

I think everyone should err on the side of caution until facts not just tweets are made public. If Jeff did what he is accused of then yes, he should be punished as an example. What should they do if a fan does the same thing? Hope this isn't some new (dumbass) trend

• meyermetal

Posted July 20, 2013 - 05:53 PM

How can Jeff point a laser at anyone when he's on the gate?

If true it was obviously someone on his team or just a fan......not him

Edited by meyermetal, July 20, 2013 - 05:55 PM.

• Blutarsky

Posted July 20, 2013 - 05:56 PM

How can Jeff point a laser at anyone when he's on the gate?

If true it was obviously someone on his team or just a fan......not him

??? Jeff was not even on the entry list...let alone the gate.

• meyermetal

Posted July 20, 2013 - 06:00 PM

??? Jeff was not even on the entry list...let alone the gate.

Jeff.....Mike.....Same difference

I just assumed Mike when I read Alessi in the title

Edited by meyermetal, July 20, 2013 - 06:01 PM.

• mx5112002

Posted July 20, 2013 - 06:00 PM

When was the last time you seen Jeff alessi on the starting gate ? He wasn't racing today

• meyermetal

Posted July 20, 2013 - 06:03 PM

When was the last time you seen Jeff alessi on the starting gate ? He wasn't racing today

Maybe the AMA should ban Jeff..........For life :lol:

Edited by meyermetal, July 20, 2013 - 06:04 PM.

• Racer_ex

Posted July 20, 2013 - 07:30 PM

From GuyB of VitalMX

[color=#474747][font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif][size=3][size=2][color=#7C7C7C]4 minutes ago[/color][/size][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#474747][font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif][size=3]"Disclaimer: I haven't read through the four pages here.

The laser pointer deal happened on the starting gate for the first 450 moto. Apparently RV's GoPro is adept at catching more than race action. It was lit up by the laser pointer right as the gate was about to drop. Apparently it also shows someone off to the right of the start in a team shirt moving behind a tree as Ryan's going up the start straight.

There was a hunt for who was doing it before the start of the next moto. Jeff was found with the laser pointer in his possession, and Davey Coombs relieved him of it, and also Jeff of his pass.

I asked Jeff about it afterwards, and he claimed that it was his ex-girlfriend who had done it. [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#474747][font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif][size=3]After the race, Tony Alessi read something that Steve Matthes wrote, came out of the team rig very heated, and gave him a couple jabs on the chest with his index finger, called him an idiot (among other things), and claimed it was slander.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#474747][font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif][size=3]Tim Cotter came by after a bit, and a discussion ensued between Tony, Mike Genova, and Tim, inside the team's hauler.

The bottom line is, MX Sports is gathering the info, and will make a determination later on potential penalties. They're looking at this as a very serious issue, especially since it was at the start of an event."[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#474747][font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif][size=3]Come on, Jeff is blaming it on his girlfriend. Such BS. . What clowns. The whole family [/size][/font][/color]

Edited by Racer_ex, July 20, 2013 - 07:32 PM.

• Fryboy

Posted July 20, 2013 - 07:33 PM

Oh damn that doesn't sound good at all

• BDubb106

Posted July 20, 2013 - 07:34 PM

Wow... how childish! Thats something I would do as a joke when I was 12.

• Racer_ex

Posted July 20, 2013 - 07:37 PM

And Jeff is wearing a team shirt. If he is apart of the team then i suggest the whole team be punished also. Here is a a GuyB shot of DC taking away Jeff's pass and laser pointer.
Posted Image

Edited by Racer_ex, July 20, 2013 - 07:38 PM.

• T-Doshi9

Posted July 20, 2013 - 07:38 PM

hahaha oh no... a laser was shined in his eyes. dude isn't even looking out ... if you aren't looking at the light it does nothing to you. if it was shined in his eyes before the gate drop... he would have been looking down and no issue. also this is in broad daylight.. a laser will not be much brighter than the glares seen off of anything shiny. NOT A BIG DEAL. STOP CRYING! rv started just about where he always does. that wasn't the reason for that start!

• Racer_ex

Posted July 20, 2013 - 07:42 PM

hahaha oh no... a laser was shined in his eyes. dude isn't even looking out ... if you aren't looking at the light it does nothing to you. if it was shined in his eyes before the gate drop... he would have been looking down and no issue. also this is in broad daylight.. a laser will not be much brighter than the glares seen off of anything shiny. NOT A BIG DEAL. STOP CRYING! rv started just about where he always does. that wasn't the reason for that start!

Your logic is flawed, but you're so ignorant that trying to argue with you won't change anything.

Got this from another poster but it was a response to someone like you.

"[color=#474747][font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif][size=3]Second largest motorsport in North America.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#474747][font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif][size=3]The sports current TOP ATHLETE and current series points leader gets flashed by a laser off the start of a major event distracting him.It's big & it's news worthy and people are going to have an opinion" [/size][/font][/color]

Edited by Racer_ex, July 20, 2013 - 07:45 PM.

• NEKOOHC

Posted July 20, 2013 - 07:44 PM

Well ( expletive ) me !!

Is this what its come down to now ?

I struggle to comprehend this ...

• BDubb106

Posted July 20, 2013 - 07:45 PM

Doesn't matter if it is dangerous or not... still stupid!!!!!!!

That is the point. Why would this thought even cross someones mind. Esp someone that is supposed to be a racer themselves. Not a good representation of your family.

• T-Doshi9

Posted July 20, 2013 - 07:48 PM

Your logic is flawed, but you're so ignorant that trying to argue with you won't change anything.

your right. very flawed! that laser did nothing to distract from the start. and where did rv start? RIGHT WHERE HE ALWAYS DOES. i bet if you talk to rv he didn't even know that happened. someone seen the laser and they started looking for it. after seeing the rv footage from helmet cam they confirmed where it came from. im telling you that laser from that distance is not a distraction like it's being made out to be.

i thought these guys were pro's and things like this don't bother them? i mean someone walking on the track wasn't the reason james lost concentration and crashed... right? a laser shined in broad daylight while a rider wasn't even looking at it surly couldn't be a distraction either.

• T-Doshi9

Posted July 20, 2013 - 07:50 PM

Doesn't matter if it is dangerous or not... still stupid!!!!!!!

That is the point. Why would this thought even cross someones mind. Esp someone that is supposed to be a racer themselves. Not a good representation of your family.

i agree its dumb for him to do that. but the OMG ban him for life (i get that was a joke) and the fine him or whatever crazy reactions that are coming out here are hilarious to be honest. it was a small laser and i guarantee he didn't even see it.

• BDubb106

Posted July 20, 2013 - 07:54 PM

i agree its dumb for him to do that. but the OMG ban him for life (i get that was a joke) and the fine him or whatever crazy reactions that are coming out here are hilarious to be honest. it was a small laser and i guarantee he didn't even see it.

Who cares how big or small it was, or if Poto saw it or not. That kind of stuff should not be tolerated and they need to set an example to all the drunks out there that may think this kind of thing is cool. Its just stupid and childish. Anyone would be thrown out and likely banned from any other professional sporting event if this was done whether it affected the play or not. Why should MX be any different?

If it was anyone else it may have not been such a big deal but when your brother is on the line.... its easy to see where the conflict lies.

And why do you care if Jeff Alessi gets banned or not? Do you tune in to the races to catch a glimpse of him on the sideline?

Edited by BDubb106, July 20, 2013 - 07:56 PM.

• Squid_Racer

Posted July 20, 2013 - 07:55 PM

your right. very flawed! that laser did nothing to distract from the start. and where did rv start? RIGHT WHERE HE ALWAYS DOES. i bet if you talk to rv he didn't even know that happened. someone seen the laser and they started looking for it. after seeing the rv footage from helmet cam they confirmed where it came from. im telling you that laser from that distance is not a distraction like it's being made out to be.

i thought these guys were pro's and things like this don't bother them? i mean someone walking on the track wasn't the reason james lost concentration and crashed... right? a laser shined in broad daylight while a rider wasn't even looking at it surly couldn't be a distraction either.

:smashpc: , how about you look towards the sun just a bit right or left of it and tell us how well you can see. I guarantee you that it can/could have affected him, I'm not saying it did for sure but your an idiot if you don't think it could have, ever heard of it causing problems for airline pilots???

• mictheaussie

Posted July 20, 2013 - 07:57 PM

Maybe this was the new technology the team was working on in the last few rounds of SX. haha.

Seriously tho, If Jeff did in fact do this, and was wearing a team shirt, with a team pass, The whole team should suffer. Take away Mikes results for the weekend and maybe suspend the team for a round. This type of crap should not be happening in our sport by team personnel. Fans are one thing, but this is ridiculous. That is if in fact it is proven to be Jeff Alessi.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.