Cable lube

6 replies to this topic
  • yaman

Posted December 17, 2003 - 09:23 PM

Who uses what type to lube their cables?
WD40, Honda lube, or what.

• willy_fitz

Posted December 18, 2003 - 03:10 AM

WD40 is not a lube it is a water dispersent. By the way that is what the name means, Water Dispersent Formula 40.
It is very important that if you have teflon coated liner in your cables that you do not use an oil based lubricant since it will attack the teflon and cause it to break down.
On my cables I use LPS1 with my cable luber to clean and lube the cables. The silicon based sprays appear to be the safest to use. :)

Willy Fitz

• Math

Posted December 18, 2003 - 07:46 AM

Good question,

How do you guys proceed? What is LPS1? Are there specific products for washing and lubing cables?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • The_Blue_One

Posted December 18, 2003 - 07:57 AM

I use Tri-Flow to lube my cables.It is a teflon based lube and last for quite awhile. I used to ziptie a small plastic bag around the end spray some in and work the cable back and forth to work it in.

I got one of the Motion Pro cable lubers now and it works pretty good.

• RichBaker

Posted December 18, 2003 - 03:16 PM

Who uses what type to lube their cables?
WD40, Honda lube, or what.

Dri-Slide.... :D :)

• gfergtr74

Posted December 27, 2003 - 01:31 PM

Cable life

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted December 29, 2003 - 01:18 AM

I use WD40..

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.