Pumper Carb on 650L

3 replies to this topic
  • doctorleevil

Posted December 17, 2003 - 07:17 PM

Does anyone have any experience with a flat-slide pumper carb on a 650l? Does it add more low end or high end power? Also does anyone know
the specific carb, i've heard that the carbs for the 650l doesn't come with pumps.

• michaeln

Posted December 18, 2003 - 05:14 AM

Does anyone have any experience with a flat-slide pumper carb on a 650l? Does it add more low end or high end power? Also does anyone know
the specific carb, i've heard that the carbs for the 650l doesn't come with pumps.

I have a Keihin FCR41 on my L. It does have a pump. As far as I know the Edelbrocks they sell for the L do not have the pump but places like Barnum's can retrofit it... but it costs something like $175 for the retrofit, so that puts the QS carb right up there in price with the FCR.

I'm really pleased with the FCR. It added performance all the way from idle to top end, and the throttle response is really fast. So fast you have to ride with kind of a loose wrist or every bump you hit goes right through the twistgrip to the carb, and it reacts.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • doctorleevil

Posted December 18, 2003 - 01:29 PM

Yeah i just called xrsonly and they told me that the mikuni has no pump. Without it there is not much of a performance gain, and stated its more for throttle response.....grr

They stated they sell the 41mm FCR for $540!! It was an easy sell for me at $230 for the mikuni, but not without the pump. oh wells time for ebay. :)

• michaeln

Posted December 18, 2003 - 03:55 PM

Yeah i just called xrsonly and they told me that the mikuni has no pump. Without it there is not much of a performance gain, and stated its more for throttle response.....grr

They stated they sell the 41mm FCR for $540!! It was an easy sell for me at $230 for the mikuni, but not without the pump. oh wells time for ebay. :)

I got mine from Pro Flo for $445 including push-pull throttle cables.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.