Rear brake stripped threads HELP!

4 replies to this topic
  • norm02

Posted July 18, 2013 - 07:36 PM

I bought a new torc1 rear brake pedal and some how managed to strip threads while putting main bolt back through frame hole. Bolt turns inside of frame but will not catch on threads inside. What can be done?

• Krannie McKranface

Posted July 18, 2013 - 07:46 PM

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • norm02

Posted July 18, 2013 - 08:17 PM

I still can't believe I did this. I tried to run the bolt through from the back side but the linkage for my rear shock is in the way. I watched the video and it looks fairly simple. Although I am a bit nervous to drill out the threads as I don't want to f up even more and then have to get a new frame. All ideas are very much welcomed at the moment

• 123devinzz1

Posted July 19, 2013 - 07:07 AM

Get yourself a helicoil kit ($20 off ebay) No need for the more expensive ones in your case. Dont worry. They are real easy to install!

• norm02

Posted July 19, 2013 - 05:24 PM

Well got it taken car of so no more stripped threads. Now the issue is that the Torc1 rear brake pedal does not fit. The bolt that goes throught the pedal and into the frame will not go into the new pedal with out several taps from a hammer. It slides in the stock one with nothing more than some slight effort with my hands.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.