What premix do you guys use?

Yamalube, $12.00, best value but smokes a lot. Overall, good oil.1374129592529.jpg

Lucas oil 2 cycle land and sea, $15.00, great oil but creatse a lot of spooge.1374129698308.jpg

Belray MC1, $12.00 for a small bottle. Best oil I've ever used but costs way too much.

Im sticking with yamalube. What oils do you guys use and how do you like it?

1374129820625.jpg

I running lucas right now and its a great oil but im running it really rich which is why I have a lot of spooge. I have a unopened bottle of yamalube that im using after my lucas is finished. Anyone know where to get torco?

Pretty much used 'me all.

Golden Spectro was my go to oil for a long time; when I lived in the North East. Tried Maxima SuperM for a little while, just didn't like the stench of the residue it left in the pipe. Switched over to Amsoil Interceptor and it was the first oil to foul a plug in my bike! But it wasn't the oil's fault per se; I mixed it at 50:1 per the bottle. As soon as I went back to 32:1 I never fouled a plug again, the oil produced minimal spooge and didn't leave a stinky carbon residue like the Maxima superM did.

I'm about to try out the Maxima 927 in a bike I just picked up. Back in my Karting days, Castor was all anyone used because it offered the best protection over anything else.

AIT.jpg

• Like 1

Amsoil Interceptor. 50:1

$39.70/ gallon

I run Amsoil Dominator.. the difference it's made over running cheaper stuff has been amazing.

Cheaper oils: when I did a top end on my old Gas Gas, the power valve cover had over 1/16 inch of carbon deposits cooked onto it that wouldn't come off completely.

Dominator: just did my KTM's first top end done after 125 hours of riding, not a single deposit was caked anywhere on the power valve system. The Dominator keeps it clean, runs extremely well, and extends the life if your piston/rings. Plus it's competitively priced. Can't go wrong with that.

Edited by LovingOffroadPain
  • Like 3

Maxima super m injector is one of my "go to" oils. Easy to find, decent price, no spooge. Sort of stmbled into it, as the dealer only had the injector version one day, I hqd been running standard Super M. Found for my riding (trail) that the injector was much cleaner.

I have been running amsoil interceptor for a while now. Really clean oil. Reading piston wash is hard because the piston is nearly spotless after 32 hours, despite running my normal ratios and jetting. I did just lose a crank bearing though. Initial thoughts are dirt past filter, not oil filter. I hope tomorrow to split the engine and get a good look.