Quicksilver Enduro 04

14 replies to this topic
  • XR650_DIrtman

Posted December 17, 2003 - 03:14 PM

R U participating with the your 650 ?

• Moredesert

Posted December 17, 2003 - 04:01 PM

Last year I did it with the DRZ400. Way too much mud for me. I'm racing MRANN desert this year instead.

• CHILLY

Posted December 17, 2003 - 05:30 PM

I seriously doubt it would be possible to finish the Quicksilver on a large XR, unless your last name was Summers. I believe there were at total of 27 finishers last year.

• XR650_DIrtman

Posted December 17, 2003 - 06:06 PM

You make it sound extremely challenging !

More details please .......

I am thinking about attempting it in the C class. :)

• ThunderChicken

Posted December 18, 2003 - 10:09 AM

90% sure i'm doing the national enduro in arizona.

quicksilver is still up in the air. what is the date again?

• JackAttack

Posted December 18, 2003 - 12:13 PM

SecretThunderAtlas,

Are you going to run the AZ enduro on your 650?

YEE HAW!!!.......My 100th post.

• Moredesert

Posted December 18, 2003 - 01:21 PM

The Quick Silver is mostly single track and if it's muddy you'll have to take a number and wait for the 2 smokers to get out of the way on the tuff sections. I houred out after 35 miles. The Pig is not the best bike to ride. Now I did ride Clear Creek last week end with the Pig and had a good time. I think the key work here is MUD. If it's raining dont take the BRP

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ThunderChicken

Posted December 18, 2003 - 02:31 PM

SecretThunderAtlas,

you bet. the arizona enduro won't be any different than the 3rd loop of any district 37 enduro or second loop of a national H&H. no problemo.

quicksilver- i admit i will not be riding the 650. if i ride it i'll take a bone stock xr250r. that race is the weekend of valentine's day and i've already promised my wife we would rent a cabin in yosemite for the weekend.

yosemite village isn't too far from merced... i might be able to make it happen...

• JackAttack

Posted December 18, 2003 - 03:17 PM

SecretThunderAtlas,

you bet. the arizona enduro won't be any different than the 3rd loop of any district 37 enduro or second loop of a national H&H. no problemo.

You the man. :D

That will be my first enduro, I did'nt want to be the only dude showing up on a BRP.

What kind of suspension adjustments will you make for the enduro(vs. desert)?

I did a ride on some of the trails in that area a month ago and hit reserve(stock tank) after only 35 miles. Do you run a large tank?

Very fun trails, also very rocky. What class are you racing?

I have lots of questions. :)

Thanks

• JackAttack

Posted December 18, 2003 - 03:34 PM

XR650_DIrtman,

Sorry to hijack your thread, but seems like we are looking for similar info. :)

• XR650_DIrtman

Posted December 18, 2003 - 04:28 PM

No problem,

we are indeed looking for the same info. Would be my first enduro. So I am trying to soak up everything that is even far related to the topic " Enduro ".

I hear that the QS Enduro is one of the toughest on the National Schedule, not too encouraging for me.

Here is the link for the Quicksilver:

http://www.salinasramblersmc.org/

It is on Feb 15th 04.

• XR650_DIrtman

Posted December 18, 2003 - 04:52 PM

The Quick Silver is mostly single track and if it's muddy you'll have to take a number and wait for the 2 smokers to get out of the way on the tuff sections.

A friend gave me the advice to regard the 2 smokes as additional obstacles that need to be cleared and to just ride over them ! :)

• JackAttack

Posted December 18, 2003 - 06:38 PM

just ride over them ! :D

People think I bought an orange skid plate, from all the KTM's I've run over. :)

• ThunderChicken

Posted December 19, 2003 - 10:53 AM

I did'nt want to be the only dude showing up on a BRP.

there will be plenty of guys on the 650r. most people who say the 650r can't be ridden in technical terrain don't own one.

What kind of suspension adjustments will you make for the enduro(vs. desert)?

none. i have my suspension done by bob bell at precision concepts. it's dialed. i couldn't even tell you where my clickers are...haven't touched em in a year. don't even change them for moto. ...although the are a little soft on the track.

Do you run a large tank?

i have the ims 3.2 with a dry break for desert racing. i like the white since the clear version turns a piss color after too much time in the sun. actually i have a clear tank that was only on the bike for a year. it's a 3.2 and is a little on the yellow side but not too bad. i'm thinking about selling it. let me know if you're interested. it's not set up for a dry break. it's normal.

Very fun trails, also very rocky.

i hate rocks. i like boulders and singletrack that weaves in and out of boulders. but i hate rocks. can't ride in em to save my life. i also hate hillclimbs. sometimes i can't understand why i race desert since 90% of the racing is rocks and hillclimbs. :)

What class are you racing?

at that race i'll do single A 4stroke.

I have lots of questions.

no problemo dude. i was a newbie racer at one time myself. anytime anybody has questions about racing or riding events i want to help them. we need more people racing off road. it's a lot of fun and there's something for everyone.

• Moredesert

Posted December 19, 2003 - 02:49 PM

My first race was the Quick Silver Enduro and it was fun. Even thou I houred out, Thank God. For the most part it's a slow race and just plan on single track, Hill climbs, stuff like that. I ran lower gearing and a fat 140 S-12 on my DRZ and that was the ticket. They line you up 4 across and space you 1 min apart. It doesn't even seem like a race. If this is your first time I would run 13/48 gearing and a fat 140 tire. A stock tank should be OK. If it doesn't rain all night before the race you'll have fun.

Oh ya, last year they had some guy with a v-twin motor in what looked like a old XR frame. That guy cost me 15 min's on the first hill climb. The line was 25 bikes deep and we just ran over his bike. He must have stalled it on the hill and it was all over after that. :)

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.