New Fork Guards Needed for 2012 WR450

7 replies to this topic
  • motoxgiant

Posted July 16, 2013 - 12:07 PM

I want to get rid of the speedo drive and in doing so the right side fork guard that has the speedo cable clamps. I bought a set of 2012 YZF guards and the bolt pattern was different. Anybody know of a set of guards that will fit the WR legs but eliminate the bulging right guard?

• kawi380

Posted July 16, 2013 - 12:34 PM

i bought some after market ones, I think they were acerbis, and they didn't have the speedo slots etc. so I returned them and bought oem ones. I love my speedo :awww:

• JDLowrance

Posted July 16, 2013 - 01:09 PM

06/07 YZ450F lower fork guards will accomplish what you are after.

• waltersobchak

Posted July 16, 2013 - 05:35 PM

Get the Raines Racing speedo removal spacer to keep crud out of your wheel bearings.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • motoxgiant

Posted July 16, 2013 - 08:12 PM

Get the Raines Racing speedo removal spacer to keep crud out of your wheel bearings.

Actually I mounted the WR KYBs up to my Beta 250RR and am using the (modified) Italian wheel.

• MidlifeCrisisGuy

Posted September 04, 2013 - 08:16 PM

Where does one get this pieced ?  Does it have a seal ?

• waltersobchak

Posted September 05, 2013 - 04:29 AM

Where does one get this pieced ?  Does it have a seal ?

http://www.rainesrac...89/Default.aspx

It does not come with a seal, you have to pop the seal out of the OEM spacer and install in this spacer.  I got my spacer from my local Yamaha Dealer, check there and they might be able to get you hooked up with a better price.

• MidlifeCrisisGuy

Posted September 05, 2013 - 09:33 AM

http://www.rainesrac...89/Default.aspx

It does not come with a seal, you have to pop the seal out of the OEM spacer and install in this spacer.  I got my spacer from my local Yamaha Dealer, check there and they might be able to get you hooked up with a better price.

I'm in the process of removing the odometer sender on my 2012 WR450F.   FYI, the sender with cable and the clips and screws in the fork guard weigh 0.52 pounds, most of which is unsprung and almost entirely on the front wheel.

I was not aware of the raines racing part.  I'm trying to McGiver something using one of the left spacer shields.  I'll post how it works out.

BTW, the seal seems very difficult to get out of the sender body.    The part number for a new seal is 93105-47007.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.