Clutch drag

4 replies to this topic
  • thumper_calgary

Posted July 15, 2013 - 07:13 PM

Yes, I know how to adjust the clutch lever freeplay. However, sometimes it feels like the clutch does not dissengage fully. when I gear down I can hear the RPM change (go up). is this normal? The bike is an 03 with not too many hours on it and fresh oil. Clutch never slips. any thoughts?

• 123devinzz1

Posted July 16, 2013 - 07:16 AM

Yes, I know how to adjust the clutch lever freeplay. However, sometimes it feels like the clutch does not dissengage fully. when I gear down I can hear the RPM change (go up). is this normal? The bike is an 03 with not too many hours on it and fresh oil. Clutch never slips. any thoughts?

your clutch basket may be worn causing the plates to not free up.Its worth the 5mins it takes to check

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • auscanvet

Posted July 18, 2013 - 03:10 AM

Just filed my clutch basket fingers smooth again. It took about an hour. No dragging and easy to find neutral again!

• thumper_calgary

Posted July 18, 2013 - 05:40 AM

Yes, this makes sense. I will have a look at this next week when I'm back in my garage.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted July 18, 2013 - 06:00 AM

A little bit of clutch drag is normal.
Stock steel plates do warp.
Drag is usually a function of warped plates more than a notched basket.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.