Can anyone recommend a good battery?

23 replies to this topic
  • miweber929

Posted July 17, 2013 - 06:48 PM

The more you talk the more you make a fool of yourself. You are just showing how much you don't know... I mean, there is already more than one person saying that theirs runs WITHOUT A BATTERY. And then there is you that claims it doesn't lol. If you knew how to read a diagram you would know how it works. Here is an easy one that I color-coded (not that you will listen).

No and no again. Your reading comprehension is still lacking, may want to look at that:

- No to "I have a Trail Tech regulator", I don't, my bike is stock and runs AC on the lights, DC on the rest. Yours?

and
- No to 'I am the only one claiming mine doesn't". Re-read these threads, search the forum, look around, and think before you type. There are more saying "no it doesn't" then "yeah it does" so instead of still harping on how you are right (which you are not, at least not yet until YOU can prove YOU have tried it and it worked), I'm actually trying to find the common cause why some do and some don't. Because for sure SOME BIKES DO NOT RUN WITHOUT THE BATTERY CONNECTED

Make sense or you need me to go through it again?

Mike :)

• Do I Care?

Posted July 17, 2013 - 07:24 PM

No and no again. Your reading comprehension is still lacking, may want to look at that:

- No to "I have a Trail Tech regulator", I don't, my bike is stock and runs AC on the lights, DC on the rest. Yours?

and
- No to 'I am the only one claiming mine doesn't". Re-read these threads, search the forum, look around, and think before you type. There are more saying "no it doesn't" then "yeah it does" so instead of still harping on how you are right (which you are not, at least not yet until YOU can prove YOU have tried it and it worked), I'm actually trying to find the common cause why some do and some don't. Because for sure SOME BIKES DO NOT RUN WITHOUT THE BATTERY CONNECTED

No to "I have a Trail Tech regulator", I don't, my bike is stock and runs AC on the lights, DC on the rest. Yours?

One question, what lights do you have installed HID or halogen?
I'm actually trying to find the common cause why some do and some don't. Because for sure SOME BIKES DO NOT RUN WITHOUT THE BATTERY CONNECTED

Your the only one that needs to watch what you say as, here you are still debating. You obviously DON'T KNOW!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 123devinzz1

Posted July 18, 2013 - 07:26 AM

No to "I have a Trail Tech regulator", I don't, my bike is stock and runs AC on the lights, DC on the rest. Yours?

One question, what lights do you have installed HID or halogen?
I'm actually trying to find the common cause why some do and some don't. Because for sure SOME BIKES DO NOT RUN WITHOUT THE BATTERY CONNECTED

Your the only one that needs to watch what you say as, here you are still debating. You obviously DON'T KNOW!

and

Okay gentlemen. Im sure this can be figured out without the rambling and insults.

You two obviously have more wiring/electrical experience than me cause I cant follow that diagram to save me life :smashpc:

• mr2autoxr

Posted July 22, 2013 - 06:23 AM

Well I was able to ride all weekend without the battery in my 2004. I just taped off the leads under the seat and it ran just like it always does. No loss of power or anything.

I just missed the e-start! Riding the technical trails and stalling on rock-filled hill climbs sucks kick starting. Only had a little trouble getting it fired after a drop or two, little more difficult to kick start after it's landed on it's side.

I'm going to go through my electrical system again to test everything but I was told by the previous owner that it very well could be I just need a larger stator that the stock one barely can keep the headlight on. And riding on the road with it on for extended periods of time could just be a drain on the battery. The stator just can't keep up. And the fact that I do have LED blinkers may not help either.

So I was thinking of trying to get a better stator and I'll also see how the regulator tests to determine if I should replace that as well. Then hopefully no more battery drainage issues.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.