Broke main jet off in main nozzle, help!

I was attempting to change the main jet in my 03 wr450 thru the hole in bottom of the carb, but I accidentally over tightened it and broke it off in the main nozzle. Can I unscrew and replace the main nozzle without removing the carb? If so, does anyone know what size socket to use?

I was attempting to change the main jet in my 03 wr450 thru the hole in bottom of the carb, but I accidentally over tightened it and broke it off in the main nozzle. Can I unscrew and replace the main nozzle without removing the carb? If so, does anyone know what size socket to use?

Pick yourself up some gra-bits (stripped screw extractor) and give it a try.

Thanks Barra8, 8mm socket took the main nozzle right out and a small Phillips head screw driver easily removed the broken piece of main jet, re-installed everything. The whole process took 5 minutes, so glad I didn't have to remove the carb. Thanks again!

Thanks Barra8, 8mm socket took the main nozzle right out and a small Phillips head screw driver easily removed the broken piece of main jet, re-installed everything. The whole process took 5 minutes, so glad I didn't have to remove the carb. Thanks again!

No drama's ?

Enjoy!