Broke main jet off in main nozzle, help!

5 replies to this topic
  • mcpga

Posted July 15, 2013 - 01:47 PM

I was attempting to change the main jet in my 03 wr450 thru the hole in bottom of the carb, but I accidentally over tightened it and broke it off in the main nozzle. Can I unscrew and replace the main nozzle without removing the carb? If so, does anyone know what size socket to use?

• 123devinzz1

Posted July 15, 2013 - 01:59 PM

I was attempting to change the main jet in my 03 wr450 thru the hole in bottom of the carb, but I accidentally over tightened it and broke it off in the main nozzle. Can I unscrew and replace the main nozzle without removing the carb? If so, does anyone know what size socket to use?

Pick yourself up some gra-bits (stripped screw extractor) and give it a try.

• Do I Care?

Posted July 15, 2013 - 06:00 PM

The main jet should be 8mm.
Use an extractor as mentioned above or just buy the main nozzle for around $20.00.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mcpga

Posted July 15, 2013 - 06:34 PM

Yes I'm going to buy a new nozzle along with a new main jet, thank you...

Edited by mcpga, July 15, 2013 - 06:57 PM.

• mcpga

Posted July 15, 2013 - 06:56 PM

Thanks Barra8, 8mm socket took the main nozzle right out and a small Phillips head screw driver easily removed the broken piece of main jet, re-installed everything. The whole process took 5 minutes, so glad I didn't have to remove the carb. Thanks again!

• Do I Care?

Posted July 15, 2013 - 06:59 PM

Thanks Barra8, 8mm socket took the main nozzle right out and a small Phillips head screw driver easily removed the broken piece of main jet, re-installed everything. The whole process took 5 minutes, so glad I didn't have to remove the carb. Thanks again!

No drama's :thumbsup:
Enjoy!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.