Mud packing up behind front sprocket

4 replies to this topic
  • thumper_calgary

Posted July 14, 2013 - 06:00 PM

Anyone have a solution for this? I dot see an obvious one but I thought I would check with the collected experts.

Thanks!

• mattfidaho

Posted July 15, 2013 - 11:31 AM

dont ride in mud?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted July 15, 2013 - 12:40 PM

Anyone have a solution for this? I dot see an obvious one but I thought I would check with the collected experts.

Thanks!

Wash the bike before the mud dries, is about all you can do.

• DeepPurplishBlue

Posted July 16, 2013 - 07:15 AM

Something that helps but is still not a perfect solution is removing the plastic sprocket cover and running with only the metal case protector.

If the mud is particularly nasty it can still pack up in there but at least without the plastic cover it has some place to go and a lot of it is ejected out.

• GCannon

Posted July 16, 2013 - 07:35 PM

it may sound lame but!

Check the gap between the rear tire and the chain if the chain is worn and defects sideways easily then it will pickup more mud off the rear tire. also wheel and chain alignment should be checked also to make sure each runs straight.

a bent rim will also deposit mud on the chain

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.