Trying to get a track built.

13 replies to this topic
  • ThomasYZ426F

Posted December 07, 2001 - 03:55 AM

All TTer’s

The dealership where I got my 426 is thinking of building a track.

He has already worked a deal with someone who constructs them, and is willing to use some extra land he has beside his dealership.

The dealership is just west of Chattanooga, TN so if any of you are close please reply to this message with your thoughts and list if you would pay $100.00 for a yearly membership for unlimited access to the track.

If you are not from this area, please list if you would be willing to pay that amount for a track in your area.

After several replies are made, I told the owner I would print this for him.

Thanks fellow Thumpers

• crazyadam

Posted December 07, 2001 - 04:44 AM

100 bucks!! sweet! I spent 3 times that on diesel fuel for my dozer and backhoe!! And think of the time saved!! I would if I could. until then I'll be workin, and riding in my backyard :D ! I have a track, but it needs more people to form the ruts in my berms! :)

• fastkevin

Posted December 07, 2001 - 05:51 AM

Thre tracks around here are $15-$20/visit. I'd step up and pay $100 for a yearly pass.

• Odie

Posted December 07, 2001 - 06:02 AM

I pay a yearly membership fee of $225. Money very well spent.

Later,
Odie

• Frank_B

Posted December 07, 2001 - 06:36 AM

Season pass information for Club Moto in Northern California (Livermore).

http://www.clubmoto.com/pass.html

$100 is nothing!

• Merfman

Posted December 07, 2001 - 07:07 AM

Damn, we got it made here in Colorado...
Aztec membership is $35/year and $7 visit during the week and
$9 on the weekend. Hours are 10-dark. Two tracks, each prepped
daily and watered as needed.

www.aztecraceway.com "Where the TRACTION is"

Kudos to the owner/operation, Byron!

• Hokie

Posted December 07, 2001 - 07:50 AM

Here is a rundown of the Northern CO track fees:

BERTHOUD
$10.00 per year membership.
Then $10 or $12 a day depending if it is groomed that day or not.
They also sell a season pass for $300.

Milliken
$10.00 per year membership
$10.00 per day riding

IMI/Erie
No membership
$7.00 a day to ride

So, I would pay $100 bucks a year for unlimited access. That would be a bargain.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sirthumpalot

Posted December 07, 2001 - 08:37 AM

I would definitely pay $100/year. Around here there is only 1 good outdoor track that I know of (within less than a several hour drive north). I would pay several hundred for a yearly pass if it were a well maintained track!

• thumpy

Posted December 07, 2001 - 08:56 AM

I would say that I'll probably ride near 100 days a year. Multiply that by an average of $15.00 a day entry fee and you've got an annual average cost of $1,500.00 (just in entry fees). So, a hundred bucks is a smokin deal.

• mikeolichney

Posted December 07, 2001 - 01:08 PM

Two of my friends and I have paid for Berthoud at $300 year. Its been going up significantly in the last two years, I think I only paid $120 in 1999. But the track maintenance is much better now. Since I have gone 54 times this year, it was worth it rather than pay $540 in track fees.

I find if I get a season pass skiing, I ski alot more because I don't have to shell money out each time, and I feel like I need to go more to make it worth it. Nothing like using psychology on yourself.

• Squidwerd_on_a_400f

Posted December 07, 2001 - 02:33 PM

That's a hard decision. Riding pass for 365 days/$100. You could buy 2 memberships for the price of todays helmets. I don't thimk anyone would say no to the 100 dollar track.

Thumping my way thru the city.
look at that roost, here comes the squidwerd. :)

• flyinguitars

Posted December 07, 2001 - 06:06 PM

I pay 150/year to ride at the off road park in New Jersey. Its got 3 bike tracks, 1 quad track, and a few woods loops. Its not the best track but it cant be beat for 150 bucks!
Mike

• thumper4life

Posted December 08, 2001 - 05:53 AM

around here, we got prosource suzuki (indoors!) that is 20 yearly membership, and 20 to go and practice and 40 to go race per class. and then we got milan and that is 35-40 i believe for a membership and and 30 to race per class, if anything im 5 bucks off.

• xrracer36

Posted December 10, 2001 - 05:01 AM

i have a place locally where a local pro built a track and charges $100 a year to ride. I won't do it, though and still go to the local track (where races are held) cuz it's practice where i actually race, and this pro's track is so insanely difficult that i stay away cuz i know i would just end up getting hurt. :) :D his track is dangerous. every jump is like straight up and down on both side and at least 65 feet between take-off and landing. some bigger. :D i'll stick to the woods and race day riding, thanks.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.