WR 450 FCR carb wheels and bearings

2 replies to this topic
  • 1abv

Posted July 14, 2013 - 04:28 PM

Hi all first time FCR carb guy here.. Im in the process of re-jetting the carb and was cleaning everything. In this process I cleaned the slide, body of the carb where the slide resides the wheels, and bearings on the slide. They were caked with some kinda grease. I went to put the carb back together and the bearings feel really stiff. I've searched around but haven't gotten an definite answer yet.
1)Are the bearings re-greasable?
2) if so what kinda grease?
3) did I just F myself?

thanks in advance.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted July 14, 2013 - 05:43 PM

No grease, just clean wheels and bushing surfaces. They will not spin like hotwheels wheels even when perfect.
If they were caked with 'stuff' they might have gotten scored.
You can usually polish everything out like new with a soft dremel buffer.
If the slide plate is scuffed through (silver showing) it's time to replace it.....and the seal.

Posted Image

• 1abv

Posted July 14, 2013 - 07:57 PM

Thx for the info.. Im going to try to polish them up a bit..

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.