Posted July 13, 2013 - 07:45 PM

Back round on the bike
2012 wr 450
Approx 5500kms
Oil changes ever few rides/hours
All free mods/ecu remapped with the fmf map
Gytr/fmf power core 4 slip on
Fmf snap

*********never had a valve adjustment as of yet. Bike is going in Monday to have the valves done and a new 07 yfz intake cam installed

Ok this is my issue this only started to happen like 3 days ago . when I first start my bike cold the bike will run for like 5-8 seconds and stall so I re start it and jump on all seams ok so I put it into gear and hold it in first with he clutch pulled in. If I just sit there for a while the bike stalls again.
Like I said I been riding this bike a crap load and now since 3 days ago this happen every time I start the bike up cold. Ppl might say its because its cold but l think it's more to it than that because I have has this thing out I the winter heavy old rain ECt and never had a problem and my friends bike which is the carbon copy of mine of the same year and make with approximate 200-300 more Kms than mine and his do not do it

Any suggestions?

Edited by terry450, July 15, 2013 - 08:40 AM.

• JDLowrance

Posted July 15, 2013 - 03:03 AM

Does the bike stall when hot or only when cold?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cwallershasta

Posted July 15, 2013 - 10:44 AM

Check your valve clearance, I just had an intake valve with zero clearance. Now that it's adjusted, the bike starts better than it did new.

• terry450

Posted July 15, 2013 - 05:57 PM

Thanks for the help the bike is into the dealer now getting the valves done and getting a new cam put in will update when I get it back

• waltersobchak

Posted July 25, 2013 - 06:29 AM

Was it an out of spec valve?

Edited by waltersobchak, July 25, 2013 - 06:29 AM.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.