13/50

4 replies to this topic
  • big t

Posted December 17, 2003 - 06:26 AM

Will 13/50 fit with stock chain?

• qadsan

Posted December 17, 2003 - 07:57 AM

I wish I could tell you for sure if it would work or not, but I 'think' it will. If not, you'll be within about 1/2 link of it not working cause it's that close from what I recall. I think 'Dutch' here on TT could probably tell you for sure because I recall him posting about trying various sprocket combos like this in the past.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dutch

Posted December 17, 2003 - 04:36 PM

The 13/50 combo worked on my "Betty" but the wheel was as far forward as it would go. Now your bike may or may not go that far forward due to manufacturing tolerances. The good news is that running your wheel in that position is good for the handling in tight situations.
I added two links when it was time to replace the chain so I could run 13/14/15 countershaft sprockets.

• big t

Posted December 17, 2003 - 04:52 PM

Thanks. I ordered the front and rear. If it won't work I'll just go with 13/48 until I need a new chain. :)

• big t

Posted January 03, 2004 - 12:23 PM

The 13/50 fit on my bike with wheel all the way forward. If anybody else is curious.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.