2012 WR450F IMS 3.0 Gallon Oversized Fuel Tank Un-Boxing Video

7 replies to this topic
  • r1alvin

Posted July 11, 2013 - 08:52 PM

Got my awesome IMS tank in BLACK today-here's a clip that I made unboxing it. I also just finished installing it and it looks great!! I was afraid it would look too bulky, but it has very nice lines and installed very easily!

Edited by r1alvin, July 11, 2013 - 08:53 PM.

• Ride-n-Hard

Posted July 12, 2013 - 11:15 AM

I assume it is a flash video and that's why I'm not able to view. in any case maybe you could post a few pics. after you get to ride with it please let us know how many miles you are getting.

thanks

• Old Man Rider

Posted July 12, 2013 - 07:33 PM

Great video - looking forward to seeing it on the bike.

• Ride-n-Hard

Posted July 12, 2013 - 09:37 PM

Nice informative video. I finally got to watch it on my ipad. Not sure why my new droid phone wouldn't play it. Sorry for the first post.

Any ways, its interesting that we have to cut the shrouds, I didn't know that.

Thanks for the info.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • r1alvin

Posted July 14, 2013 - 01:54 PM

Pics after installation:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by r1alvin, July 14, 2013 - 01:55 PM.

• Ride-n-Hard

Posted July 14, 2013 - 03:59 PM

Nice!
Was it a pain to remove the stock tank? Unpluging fuel lines?

I took my first ride on my '12 today and the low light came on about 35 mines into my trail ride. Granted I have +5's on all the fuel settings so they should go up when I lean it back out. In any case I'm sure a larger tank is in order though.

By the tires it looks like your working to plate the bike as well. If so you going to use any particular d.s. kit?

Looks good!

• r1alvin

Posted July 14, 2013 - 04:16 PM

Nice!
Was it a pain to remove the stock tank? Unpluging fuel lines?

I took my first ride on my '12 today and the low light came on about 35 mines into my trail ride. Granted I have +5's on all the fuel settings so they should go up when I lean it back out. In any case I'm sure a larger tank is in order though.

By the tires it looks like your working to plate the bike as well. If so you going to use any particular d.s. kit?

Looks good!

Thanks- No the tank was easy to get off. Now, the safety clip on the main fuel line was a pain in the arse to get off but I finally figured it out. It's kind of like a puzzle to get it out of the way so you can unplug the line lol.

I plated my bike last summer after converting it. (Plate is under the tail fender so you can't see it well in the pic). I didn't have to purchase any kits for the wiring. It was rather simple to wire on my own.

So far, I am happy with the looks of the tank...I was really worried it would look awkward and too tall, but IMS really spent some time on this tank and I could tell!

Edited by r1alvin, July 14, 2013 - 04:18 PM.

• MReyes

Posted July 21, 2013 - 10:37 AM

Does your low fuel light indicator still function as normal with the new tank?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.