Any good clutch mods for the 99 400???

2 replies to this topic
  • Jimmy_K

Posted December 06, 2001 - 02:43 PM

I am in the middle of doing some internal kick starter repairs on my 99 400, and I was wondering if there are any clutch mods to help things out while I have it apart. I have read posts talking about drilling... Do these pertain to this year??? THANKS :) :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Shawn_Mc

Posted December 07, 2001 - 10:59 PM

The oiling problem with the inner hub is inherent with the design. My inner hub just gave up the steel insert so I got a Hinson unit. My stocker was drilled the former owner. He drilled approx.12-15 holes in it. My Hinson has 30 I bet. Knowing what I know now, Id drill it. Drill the bottoms the of grooves. Mine was drilled at the tops, which didnt help the grooves themselves.

• Looped_Out

Posted December 08, 2001 - 03:31 PM

I guess I'm lucky, my 99 still has the stock clutch and plates. I ride a lot, and I do use the clutch. It is still really smooth. My buddy's 99 is the same, no problem. But my other friend's 00 426, that's another story. I guess the clutches on the YZF are as inconsistant as the fuel tanks (I'm on my 3rd!).

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.