Side to side throttle play

5 replies to this topic
  • Strattos

Posted July 09, 2013 - 01:50 AM

How much side to side throttle play is normal and how do you adjust it out?

I've tried loosening the two phillips head screws that hold the throttle assembly to the bars, holding the throttle up against the bars and tightening the screws but it doesn't appear to have done much.

• 123devinzz1

Posted July 09, 2013 - 02:33 AM

How much side to side throttle play is normal and how do you adjust it out?

I've tried loosening the two phillips head screws that hold the throttle assembly to the bars, holding the throttle up against the bars and tightening the screws but it doesn't appear to have done much.

stock throttle tubes are plastic and wear out over time causing play

• piwtorak

Posted July 09, 2013 - 05:07 AM

123devinzz1, what throttle tubes do you use or recommend ?

thanks !

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 123devinzz1

Posted July 09, 2013 - 01:04 PM

123devinzz1, what throttle tubes do you use or recommend ?

thanks !

Never bothered me enough to replace stock one. You can get aluminum ones such as the tusk ones where it rides on a bearing and is nice and smooth.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted July 09, 2013 - 04:42 PM

Ignore it

• MANIAC998

Posted July 11, 2013 - 02:02 PM

If your talking about the actual throttle tube being loose, then ignore it like Krannie said.

But if your talking about freeplay in the throttle cables between throttle off & throttle on, then you can adjust the slack down near the carb.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.