Just got a new toy. (2012 yz450f)

5 replies to this topic
  • MVanDii

Posted July 08, 2013 - 09:05 AM

And there's nothing wrong with it...
What I am curious about is what tricks there are on the market for this rocket ship. Someone told me there is a "wrap around" exhaust system for this bike but I've yet to find it.

But I'm just looking for trick parts in general. Whatcha got?

• ka24s14am

Posted July 08, 2013 - 04:43 PM

I went up a tooth on the rear sprocket, helps out alot. My favorite and must haves that I have are Scorpion Racing radiator frames and fastway pegs. Other than that those bikes rip

• ruleej32

Posted July 08, 2013 - 06:21 PM

Hello all. I am thinking of trading my 2 stroke for a 2008 yz450f. The guy claims it has 90 hours on the bike. Is that a lot? Any suggestions would be great

As far as the exhaust goes just go to say motosport.com and enter in your bike then search the exhaust systems. It will display only the ones that fit your bike.You could do a LOT of stuff though. Are you talking bling or performance or both. You could ad the exhaust, maybe a blue or black sprocket, gold chain, wider blue footpegs, new tires if it needs it, different graphics,..............

Edited by ruleej32, July 08, 2013 - 06:25 PM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mwmx54

Posted July 08, 2013 - 10:37 PM

devil makes a wrap around pipe like the 2014s have, its a company in europe somewhere. probably very expensive as well.
the bike is pretty amazing just stock. i went down a tooth on the rear to tone it down a bit. only other thing, and maybe its just me, but the rear shock on my 10 had very little rebound stock.

Edited by mwmx54, July 08, 2013 - 10:38 PM.

• grayracer513

Posted July 09, 2013 - 06:28 AM

...maybe its just me, but the rear shock on my 10 had very little rebound stock.

It's not you. That's a common issue with KYB/YZ's over the last several years.

• MVanDii

Posted July 09, 2013 - 11:00 AM

This thing is awesome stock. I just have interest in innovative improvements in general. I actually surprised about it's handling. Pleasantly easy to scoot.

This thing is awesome stock. I just have interest in innovative improvements in general. I actually surprised about it's handling. Pleasantly easy to scoot.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.