1999 WR 400 Rear Light Wiring Question

2 replies to this topic
  • Phat Twin

Posted July 07, 2013 - 04:57 PM

I am wiring up an Acerbis X-LED light on my WR400. I have it working, but only when the bikes RPM's are elevated beyond idle. I am curious if I might possibly have it wired incorrectly and was hoping for some input.

Here is the low down.

- Rear Hydraulic Brake switch
- Wires coming from the bike harness are Red, Blue and Black
- wires coming from the X-LED are Blue, Yellow and Green

I currently have it wired as:
- Red from bike, wired to One Lead of brake switch
- Blue from X-LED wired to other lead of brake switch
- Green from X-LED wired to Blue lead from bike Harness
- Yellow from X-LED wired to Black lead from bike Harness

When I increase the idle, the LED lights up, and the same goes for actuation of the brake pedal, illuminating as it should. It is just not very bright.

I am curious if I have something wired wrong or if my stator or wiring is need of help.

Thanks in advance!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Do I Care?

Posted July 07, 2013 - 10:25 PM

Your wiring must be different to AU but if it all works it is good.

The lights ''dimming'' is not a problem as the AC Magneto is designed to reach maximum lighting voltage around 3000rpm and dim when at idle.

• Phat Twin

Posted July 10, 2013 - 04:47 AM

Your wiring must be different to AU but if it all works it is good.

The lights ''dimming'' is not a problem as the AC Magneto is designed to reach maximum lighting voltage around 3000rpm and dim when at idle.

Thanks for your help, I wanted to make sure I didn't fry anything. Cheers!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.