120 Width tire - hitting coolant reservoir.

8 replies to this topic
  • RMK800

Posted July 07, 2013 - 02:01 PM

I put on a 120 width tire on my 2007 WR450. I really like the bigger tire. About this same time I had a little wreck.

Those of you that have added a 120, do you hit your coolant reservoir or side panel?

I'm asking this because it could be that my sub frame is tweaked and that is causing my issue.

• 123devinzz1

Posted July 07, 2013 - 02:27 PM

got my massive motoz 120 on and clearance is good.

Attached Thumbnails

• photo (23).JPG
  • photo (24).JPG

• RMK800

Posted July 07, 2013 - 03:11 PM

Mine only hits when hitting some larger bumps which isn't every time but annoying. I'm assuming you are fine when you are going through the bumps?

• 123devinzz1

Posted July 07, 2013 - 03:56 PM

yess. no issues throughout its travel. Try adding a couple washers behind everything and see if it helps. You dont want that tire rubbing a hole in the bottle. You could end up sucking mud and dirt into the system.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted July 07, 2013 - 04:12 PM

There is no reason for a 120 tire to hit the coolant bottle, unless it is a 'extreme' tire like the tractionator.
The 120 dimension does not account for side knobby width, so the fact that it is a 120 is irrelevant.
Check your wheel alignment.

• 123devinzz1

Posted July 07, 2013 - 04:25 PM

There is no reason for a 120 tire to hit the coolant bottle, unless it is a 'extreme' tire like the tractionator.
The 120 dimension does not account for side knobby width, so the fact that it is a 120 is irrelevant.
Check your wheel alignment.

The tire im using is the tractionator enduro it and its bigger (width wise) than all the other 120's ive used: kendas, michelins, bridgestones. That being said.. What tire are you using rmk? are the wheel spacers properly seated?

• RMK800

Posted July 07, 2013 - 08:06 PM

I'm running the Maxxis Desert IT. Looking at my subframe with closer inspection, I believe that it's bent on that side causing my issue. I wrecked a few months before getting this tire and really never realized that side of the subframe. I have checked my wheel alignment and it doesn't seem off.

• stevethe

Posted July 08, 2013 - 05:54 AM

We run a IRC 140's and nothing touches. Bend your sub frame back straight.

• GCannon

Posted July 08, 2013 - 09:39 PM

Sounds like a bent Subframe to me?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.