Clark Tank

7 replies to this topic
  • JackAttack

Posted December 16, 2003 - 12:07 PM

I am going to get a Clark tank(4.3)for Christmas. I can't decide which color to get. I am leaning towards red. Any reasons that this would be a bad choice? I really don't care if I can see how much fuel is in the tank. Any problems with fading? :)

Thanks in advance for any info.

• Pig_N_CR5hundy

Posted December 16, 2003 - 12:15 PM

I got red, and wish I would have gotten natural/clear. Some say the natural/clear starts to yellow over time, however I have 2 other Clarke naturals and have experienced zero color change. The natural also looks a little better on the bike in my opinion. My red tank has not experienced any fading, it just looks crappy. I will probably sell and buy a natural.

• JackAttack

Posted December 16, 2003 - 12:34 PM

They put some crazy additives in the fuel here in Arizona(Maricopa Co.). I am concerned about the natural tank getting discolored. My stock tank is red and it looks OK so far. :)

The natural tanks do look cool with the red shrouds. :D

• BWB63

Posted December 16, 2003 - 12:47 PM

I went with the red Clark and with black shrouds. The only red is the tank, bark busters, red and black grips and braided brake line. The rest of the bike is black. It's all in the look you are going for.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Rokatt88

Posted December 16, 2003 - 01:14 PM

I run a white Clarke on my Rojo Grande Oinker. Looks Beee-chin! :)

• Pig_N_CR5hundy

Posted December 16, 2003 - 03:34 PM

I went with the red Clark and with black shrouds. The only red is the tank, bark busters, red and black grips and braided brake line. The rest of the bike is black. It's all in the look you are going for.

Where did you get Black? Did you paint the shrouds and other parts? Nobody makes black plastics for the pigs except maybe the front fender. Talk to me man.......where'd ya get the negro?

• Old_Man_Time

Posted December 16, 2003 - 06:47 PM

I bought a red 4.6 gal. IMS tank. Since my bike is stock red the tank looks really nice. One plus on the Clark tank is the graphics fit it nicer than the IMS. Other than that I wanted the largest tank I could get at the time. The 7 gal. tank wasn't available in 2000. I sold my 2000 and purchased a 2002 off the showroom floor this last August. I kept my IMS tank. Oh by the way, I can see the fuel level through my red tank. I don't know if you can see through the clark tank. :)

• mmxr650r

Posted December 17, 2003 - 08:53 PM

Go with the Natural...I am very happy with it..

Posted Image

Related Content

Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.