2010 YZ450 for off road?

1 reply to this topic
  • mxtodd67

Posted July 06, 2013 - 08:04 PM

I am looking for some advice, I have a 2010 YZ450 that I absolutely love! I have only ridden it on the motocross track and have never taken it off road on trails as I had a WR450 for that. I have sold the WR and am really wondering how good my YZ would be off road. I ride pretty tight single track that can at times be very slow and technical. We all know the YZ has it's challenges around 1/8th throttle which is what a lot of this riding is. I am thinking I would need to do the Injectioneering throttle body mod and possibly a Rekluse to even have a chance at making this into a decent off rad bike for single track.
As I live in CA my bike is not legal on the trails now to even do any testing, but I wanted to hear some feedback from other YZ owners who use there bike off road as to what they have done and what works. Before the trail riding season comes up I want to be prepared and if I cannot make it into a decent off road bike I have been thinking about getting a KTM 350 SXF.

Thanks!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • zeuszuki

Posted July 06, 2013 - 08:42 PM

Single track , I got myself a 300 enduro bike for that.
'11 Yz450 = Mx & XC riding

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.