05 450 off road conversion/sm what u think?

1 reply to this topic
  • firstr8felon

Posted July 05, 2013 - 06:01 AM

thought i would throw my 2 cents in. feedback appreciated.
so, im doing this as cheaply as possible, but i dont want it to be obvious. i hide my ignition on my radiator brace. i was gonna wire it myself but opted for the tusk wiring harness. and just add my own winkers. tusk dot brake/tail light. its my understanding that all lights must meet dot in nevada to pass. winkers are from auto zone, they are clearance lights for a trailer. 5 leds and dot approved. acerbis cyclops for 75 off of craigslist. horn from pic a part, tusk control switch, wiried in my own fuses, ran the brake light switch thru the sub frame, very clean,trail tech speedo, striker, i am runnin a total loss lighting system as there is no stator options for the 05. i was told that the oem stator could handle extra stuff but i havnt tried that yet. harbor frieght powdercoating system, all they had was black and orange. worked better than i thought though i had to coat things twice for a good finish. probably cuz the low grade chinese powder. i was gonna go with oem hubs and buy spokes and new hoops for an inexpensive wheel setup till i found a gs500 front at picapart. 45 with the tire, went with new bearings 6004 or timken 9104. waitin on a sv 650 non offset rotor. its a 290mm rotor so i gotta figure out which caliper bracket will work 270 or 320?? do they make a 290? found a truck at picapart with track take offs and they sold me some for 10 bux a piece. smiley face. also got sliders from picapart for 5 bux super smiley face. still need a kickstand, mirrors, spokes for the back hub/hoop 17" 36 hole and 4.5" , a tube, , a seat cover, rear tire, if anyone is lookin to get rid of lemme know

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • firstr8felon

Posted July 07, 2013 - 02:59 AM

no feedback huh?

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.