Uncorking: Baffle and/or Tailpipe

3 replies to this topic
  • jimmym

Posted July 03, 2013 - 07:12 PM

Until I can perform the full WR uncork process, I am pulling out the airbox restrictor and exhaust baffle for a little more ooomph. Before drilling out the baffle, I started wondering why the tailpipe is even necessary. I replaced the spark arrestor and endcap, leaving the tailpipe w/baffle sitting on my bench.

Boy, it sure sounds nice. Is there anything wrong with leaving it like this?

• Boerboel

Posted July 04, 2013 - 09:24 AM

I did that on my 2012 WR. I was talking to the dude that runs the shop where I bought it, and said to put it back in because all it does is make noise. I didn't really ask why, but I did put it back in.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 123devinzz1

Posted July 04, 2013 - 02:01 PM

Until I can perform the full WR uncork process, I am pulling out the airbox restrictor and exhaust baffle for a little more ooomph. Before drilling out the baffle, I started wondering why the tailpipe is even necessary. I replaced the spark arrestor and endcap, leaving the tailpipe w/baffle sitting on my bench.

Boy, it sure sounds nice. Is there anything wrong with leaving it like this?

since I had an aftermarket slip on I decided to shorty stock. drilled all rivets, cut out both internal baffles, chopped outer shell back as far to the mount as i could, cut same amount off internal core, redrilled holes, some rivets, and bam! looks just like the 08-09 yz pipe. NOTE: i kept in the little pea shooter and its respectably quite.

On the leaving the baffle (pea shooter) out I wouldnt cause at this point the bike will be to rich. you can leave spark arrestor out tho.

• Boerboel

Posted July 05, 2013 - 06:14 PM

I was thinking about this again today and decided to run down to my local shop and pick up the GYTR Muffler insert instead of going with a slip on. Its ~5mm larger than the stock insert with the pea shooter removed. Sounds a whole lot better and the bike seems a bit more peppy, without being too loud. $50 well spent.

Attached Thumbnails

• downsized_0705131903.jpg

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.