Front disc brake guard

6 replies to this topic
  • D-rek07

Posted July 02, 2013 - 10:24 PM

I am looking for a front disc brake guard for my 2006 WR450F. The carbon fiber ones are too expensive and the acerbis is a two piece deal and a little too much. I have a very tight budget. Does anybody know of one that is a one piece plastic piece?

• D-rek07

Posted July 04, 2013 - 11:01 AM

I've been looking around more and found a Maier one from their website. I have read a lot of reviews that say Maier stuff doesn't fit right. Do you guys know anything about this one?

• aussieklx

Posted July 04, 2013 - 03:07 PM

You get what you pay for mate.....

Do you want a full shield or just a rock deflector like rear disk fins

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BajaFool

Posted July 04, 2013 - 03:47 PM

My Acerbis front disc guard has served me well through three WR450F's and 10 years of hard Baja California riding. Quality plus a fair price = Acerbis.

• D-rek07

Posted July 04, 2013 - 04:09 PM

You get what you pay for mate.....

Do you want a full shield or just a rock deflector like rear disk fins

A full shield.

My Acerbis front disc guard has served me well through three WR450F's and 10 years of hard Baja California riding. Quality plus a fair price = Acerbis.

Do you have the new two piece one with the metal mount?

• BajaFool

Posted July 05, 2013 - 02:02 PM

D-rek07,
Yes, I have the shield with the metal insert. The plastic portion, that actually protects the disc, bolts to the metal insert.

As an aside, I have stayed with the stock Yamaha rear brake disc guard for the same period, 10 years. Lots of nasty, rocky terrain in Mexico. In all that time, I have had to purchase one new guard from Yamaha. That part cost less than $10. It is a waste of money to pay huge $ for after market rear brake disc guards.

• s.tahoe450f

Posted July 08, 2013 - 09:49 PM

check out the devol aluminum ones. I got mines used off ebay for under $20. its been on multiple bikes of mine and takes a lot of abuse

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.