Slip on pipes

6 replies to this topic
  • yz157

Posted July 02, 2013 - 09:49 AM

I've got an 07 yz450f with a pro circuit exhaust on it. I took the exhaust off to paint last night and noticed a rattle inside the muffler(T4). I plan to get a new one but kinda wanted to go with a Big Gun ES slip on. Anyone know if this will fit onto the header pipe that I have?

• 123devinzz1

Posted July 05, 2013 - 02:37 PM

I've got an 07 yz450f with a pro circuit exhaust on it. I took the exhaust off to paint last night and noticed a rattle inside the muffler(T4). I plan to get a new one but kinda wanted to go with a Big Gun ES slip on. Anyone know if this will fit onto the header pipe that I have?

the eco series is much worse compared to the pro circuit. The t4 is rebuildable. Have you opened it up? probably bits of burnt packing in there. As far as I know they are made to work the stock headers only cause they dont some with inserts. The evo series does tho. Im guessing your looking for a cheaper exhaust? The lexx exhausts are great, cheap, and work with aftermarket headers if you wana go that route.

• yz157

Posted July 10, 2013 - 08:00 AM

Ya I did look into lexx. It's a chunk of metal inside it. Didn't open it up but tipped it back all the way so the peice was at the tail pipe hole and I could feel it. The T4 was on there when I bought the bike and I'd like to just replace it anyways because it's all dented too. Like you said, I'm trying not to spend much so sounds like the best idea is the Lexx.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SparksXR426

Posted July 10, 2013 - 08:54 AM

My buddy put a Lexx on his CRF and the overall quality and look is pretty good for the price.

• 123devinzz1

Posted July 10, 2013 - 05:52 PM

yea my buddy got an 07 with one and its holding up well and sounds good.

• McAwesome989

Posted July 12, 2013 - 06:33 PM

i have a lexx on my 07 yz 450 and it fits great. comes with diffrent adapter peices so it will fit diffrent size headers. love the sound and it seemed to gain some power too.

• YZPaGuy

Posted July 12, 2013 - 07:37 PM

I have the Lexx on my 08 and it's great. I just repacked it. It comes with three different tips and you can buy a spark arrestor for it also. I run it with the mx tip and a spark arrestor(required for national enduro's) and it def improved the mid range, sounds great and is holding up. Mine does get rubbed by the tire when I really compress the suspension but it hasn't caused any ill effects. Just a half moon shinny spot, LOL. Highly recommend it and as is stated above it comes with the mid pipe and 3 inserts so it will fit any head pipe. Mine is currently tied into a FMF Power Bomb head pipe.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.