Why do you dirt bikers hate quads?!

ATV UTV

• Please sign in to reply

1478 replies to this topic
  • 96YAMARID3R

TT Bronze Member

137 posts

Posted July 14, 2013 - 10:03 AM

My problem with quadders is that I ride only trails. So the guys on the race ready ATV's that are on trails and go slow, then dont pull over. Then when I finally see an opening and pass them they get all butt hurt and pissed off. Now the guys and girls that are on utility quads and go slow have always found a way to pull over for riders. Im not sure why but it just seems like the people on the race ready quads are more of a pain in the a$$. This is just my opinion.

• SS109

TT Titanium Member

2,038 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted July 14, 2013 - 10:04 AM

Right here is why I don't like the quadtards. This was part of an awesome 14 mile singletrack loop here in AZ that had been there for years with no problems. Then, one quadtard rode on it and all the others joined in and destroyed my favorite loop. This is just near the beginning of the loop. Most other areas of the trail are worse than this and they absolutely ruined the hill climbs. :banghead:

Posted Image

Posted Image

• HondaGuy14

TT Bronze Member

223 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted July 14, 2013 - 10:09 AM

This thread pisses me off.

• JohnCameron

TT Gold Member

1,113 posts

Posted July 14, 2013 - 10:14 AM

This thread pisses me off.

here you go ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1373825636.993679.jpg

• HondaGuy14

TT Bronze Member

223 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted July 14, 2013 - 10:17 AM

let me guess, you ride a quad, don't you?
hahaha

Edited by HondaGuy14, July 14, 2013 - 10:18 AM.

• Quad41

TT Bronze Member

124 posts

Posted July 14, 2013 - 10:25 AM

Right here is why I don't like the quadtards. This was part of an awesome 14 mile singletrack loop here in AZ that had been there for years with no problems. Then, one quadtard rode on it and all the others joined in and destroyed my favorite loop. This is just near the beginning of the loop. Most other areas of the trail are worse than this and they absolutely ruined the hill climbs. :banghead:

Posted Image

Posted Image

That is considered as destroyed??? Man you guys are killing me. That looks like fun to me... Plus in the second pic idk what your pointing out, the outside line is way deeper then the inside and it's not even wide enough for a quad to fit in so idk who your pointing your finger at. We're all out there to have fun! If your not happy grab a shovel and fix it, unless that's your private land.. Then kick all the quads out lol

• mudguy

TT Gold Member

1,140 posts

Posted July 14, 2013 - 10:28 AM

I ride both and own both so I'm on level ground here. I ride alot with alot if bikes and with alot if quads. But why do you all dirt bikers hate quad riders? Quads are actually harder to ride once you start going fast.

Because they are always ridden by squids with no safety gear, they are always blocking the trail, and it looks like no fun at all.

I'm cool with hunters who use quads for what they are designed for, and I also have a RZR for playing around in the national forest, but I just don't understand quads, so much money for such little fun.

• B.S. Proof

TT Bronze Member

268 posts

Posted July 14, 2013 - 10:31 AM

Just yesterday, my little brother and I were riding in the woods when we came up to a group of quads clogging the trail. They were flailing their arms to get us to slow down even though we were in second gear maybe doing 20mph when we saw them. 20mph I guess is fast for a quad....

Anyways I pull up and notice it was a wreck. I asked the guys if they were alright, and they didn't say anything.. I then noticed they wrecked their couch on wheels and were prying off and removing parts from around the handle bars to get it to where it'd turn. I asked again if they wanted any tools. No answer. So my little brother laughed and rode on.

None of these dipshits where wearing gear or helmets except the little kid, and wrecked on the biggest most open part of the trail over a tiny little bump that a bike would have flown over without hesitation. It took 4 dudes and lots of effort to get this POS back on its wheels to limp back to "camp". And the parts from its wreckage were scattered around the crash.

Quads require no skill to ride, clog up/wreck trails and should be banned from any riding area. I had more problems with quads yesterday than I ever have. There was another quadtard that was spinning donuts and was riding through the forest off the trails then back onto the trail because he couldn't turn around without destroying everything around him. No helmet, eye protection, was wearing gym shorts and sandals.

There really is no where for quads to safely ride and they're a danger and inconvenience to everyone around them.

And you can't really call them "training wheels", because the "skills" (which are none) that you get from riding a quad, do not cross over to a dirt bike and you'll have to start all over again.

If you can't ride a bike then stay out of the woods and tracks because you don't have the skills to be there anyways. There's a couch in your living room.

• yamaha-racer37

TT Gold Member

1,194 posts

Posted July 14, 2013 - 10:46 AM

Just yesterday, my little brother and I were riding in the woods when we came up to a group of quads clogging the trail. They were flailing their arms to get us to slow down even though we were in second gear maybe doing 20mph when we saw them. 20mph I guess is fast for a quad....

Anyways I pull up and notice it was a wreck. I asked the guys if they were alright, and they didn't say anything.. I then noticed they wrecked their couch on wheels and were prying off and removing parts from around the handle bars to get it to where it'd turn. I asked again if they wanted any tools. No answer. So my little brother laughed and rode on.

None of these dipshits where wearing gear or helmets except the little kid, and wrecked on the biggest most open part of the trail over a tiny little bump that a bike would have flown over without hesitation. It took 4 dudes and lots of effort to get this POS back on its wheels to limp back to "camp". And the parts from its wreckage were scattered around the crash.

Quads require no skill to ride, clog up/wreck trails and should be banned from any riding area. I had more problems with quads yesterday than I ever have. There was another quadtard that was spinning donuts and was riding through the forest off the trails then back onto the trail because he couldn't turn around without destroying everything around him. No helmet, eye protection, was wearing gym shorts and sandals.

There really is no where for quads to safely ride and they're a danger and inconvenience to everyone around them.

And you can't really call them "training wheels", because the "skills" (which are none) that you get from riding a quad, do not cross over to a dirt bike and you'll have to start all over again.

If you can't ride a bike then stay out of the woods and tracks because you don't have the skills to be there anyways. There's a couch in your living room.

tell me have you ever ridden a quad fast threw trails or on a track? It takes way more skill and strength then a little 250 pound bike. Now they were flailing there arms cuz you were going to fast? Then you said that someone wrecked? They were trying to keep you slow maybe so you didn't not see the accident and cause another? Dirtbikers are nice people when I'm on my bike! But when I take my quad they all turn into A$$ holes! What's the deal? We're all out to have fun? If you do t like what quads do then GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. Simple as that. Quit yer bitchin an ride!

• runnybunny

TT Bronze Member

368 posts

Posted July 14, 2013 - 10:52 AM

This thread started ok but I think it went full retard in the last couple pages.

Edited by runnybunny, July 14, 2013 - 10:53 AM.

• BDubb106

Get Help Now

15,093 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted July 14, 2013 - 11:01 AM

Yes it has... doesn't make a difference to me since none of the track I ride allow quads.

• rider428

TT Bronze Member

392 posts

Posted July 14, 2013 - 11:17 AM

I ride both and own both so I'm on level ground here. I ride alot with alot if bikes and with alot if quads. But why do you all dirt bikers hate quad riders? Quads are actually harder to ride once you start going fast.

My self, I don't care to ride on the messed up trail with a hump between the two ruts they tend to make.

• DethWshBkr_

TT Silver Member

538 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted July 14, 2013 - 11:28 AM

"Quads are so much harder to ride" the quad people say.
"It takes bigger balls to jump a quad" the quad people say.

Yet when you go to a track, 98% of the women ride quads.

Guess they have bigger balls and are better riders than Villopoto and Dungey, and Carmichael, and Tomac, and Roczen, and every bike rider in the WORLD, pro or local.

How could I have been so naive to think a quad was easier to ride! Obviously the quad women and quad people in general are SO MUCH BETTER than all the pro MX riders. It's just the way it is. I've been shown up.

:lol:

Edited by DethWshBkr_, July 14, 2013 - 11:28 AM.

• Cr250Chick86

TT Member

68 posts

Posted July 14, 2013 - 12:00 PM

I ride with quads a lot and don't have a problem with them.

• SS109

TT Titanium Member

2,038 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted July 14, 2013 - 12:39 PM

That is considered as destroyed??? Man you guys are killing me. That looks like fun to me... Plus in the second pic idk what your pointing out, the outside line is way deeper then the inside and it's not even wide enough for a quad to fit in so idk who your pointing your finger at. We're all out there to have fun! If your not happy grab a shovel and fix it, unless that's your private land.. Then kick all the quads out lol

Yeah, it may look like fun to you riding a quad but not to me and the other singletrackers/clubs that work hard to get legal trails in our area, make them, and then actually maintain them. It was an old singletrack that quaders ruined. Are you really saying you can't or don't understand the difference? Quads have their areas/trails in the general riding area and they should stick to them instead of being punks. Destroying singletrack trails is just BS from people that have no respect for anyone else. BTW, that second pic is where two different lines have been made by quads over the singletrack. The two lines share the center.

• B.S. Proof

TT Bronze Member

268 posts

Posted July 14, 2013 - 12:50 PM

tell me have you ever ridden a quad fast threw trails or on a track? It takes way more skill and strength then a little 250 pound bike. Now they were flailing there arms cuz you were going to fast? Then you said that someone wrecked? They were trying to keep you slow maybe so you didn't not see the accident and cause another? Dirtbikers are nice people when I'm on my bike! But when I take my quad they all turn into A$$ holes! What's the deal? We're all out to have fun? If you do t like what quads do then GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. Simple as that. Quit yer bitchin an ride!

Yes. I've ridden quads. Too slow, too boring.

Yes we saw the clusterphuqe accident created by quad stupidity and were in the process of slowing down way before the accident. You'd of gotten that if your reading comprehension level was past 2nd grade.

Quads ride where dirt bikes ride. Not the other way around. Quads are the misfit pains-in-the-ass who put everybody's lives in jeopardy by being somewhere where they don't belong or are not welcomed/invited. The only place where quads should be allowed to ride, is on dirt roads requiring a license plate, lights horn and insurance.

And if it weren't for quads clogging up trails/getting stuck/wrecking, we could ride a lot more and faster without having to wait for damage control to help these tards out.

• Quad41

TT Bronze Member

124 posts

Posted July 14, 2013 - 12:52 PM

Yeah, it may look like fun to you riding a quad but not to me and the other singletrackers/clubs that work hard to get legal trails in our area, make them, and then actually maintain them. It was an old singletrack that quaders ruined. Are you really saying you can't or don't understand the difference? Quads have their areas/trails in the general riding area and they should stick to them instead of being punks. Destroying singletrack trails is just BS from people that have no respect for anyone else. BTW, that second pic is where two different lines have been made by quads over the singletrack. The two lines share the center.

Yea I ride both and can understand from certain people that don't like quads (even though that is just a mass stereotype from bike riders) why they 'dislike' quad riders... I hate drunk irresponsible unsafe people just as much as the next guy. Personally, looking at your pics I think your crazy to think that "your" trails are destroyed. I appreciate the guys (you included) that fight to keep our ride areas open but man that trail looks prime compared to what we have down here in FL, everything is sugar sand and a heavy rainstorm eats up the trails worse then any quad. And even after your explanation the second pic still looks very rideable and fun. I know we all want absolute perfect conditions but without a tractor every once in a while its impossible... Your terrain is nothing to complain about, trust me.

• 96YAMARID3R

TT Bronze Member

137 posts

Posted July 14, 2013 - 01:19 PM

Dont tell dirtbikers to "go somewhere else" yes we are all out to have fun on the trails but when ass holes are doing donuts on fireroads and acting like they own the trail its ridiculous! There needs to be specific quad riding areas that way all the people with no skill and courtesy can ride there quads in circles and enioy a nice relaxing couch ride.

• Concep29

TT Bronze Member

445 posts

Posted July 14, 2013 - 01:31 PM

Seen at SX.. :smirk:

Posted Image

• ridngslikecrack
7,534 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted July 14, 2013 - 01:34 PM

Dont tell dirtbikers to "go somewhere else" yes we are all out to have fun on the trails but when ass holes are doing donuts on fireroads and acting like they own the trail its ridiculous! There needs to be specific quad riding areas that way all the people with no skill and courtesy can ride there quads in circles and enioy a nice relaxing couch ride.

There are specific Areas. Its called the county dump!

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Suzuki

2007 Eiger loading up by Micahdogg

ATV/UTV   Make/Model Specific   Utility ATV
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo
Yamaha

Bent A arm 09 grizzly 700 fi eps by Kennethyz450f

• 0 replies
Forums
Photo
Can-Am

2008 Can-Am Renegade primary clutch by dudz

• 0 replies
Forums
Photo
Yamaha

raptor 660r issues by SheWantsThe D-RZ

ATV/UTV   Make/Model Specific   Sport ATV
  • 7 replies
Forums
Photo
Arctic Cat

Arctic Cat 300 won't start when cold by Jeremy Finley

• 0 replies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.