New blue ride

8 replies to this topic
  • Ride-n-Hard

Posted July 01, 2013 - 09:46 AM

So I've moved from red (honda), to red/white (husky) to blue. I just picked up a new '12 WR450. I think I got a decent price on it. I have the new ecu, programmer, hand guards on the way. The plan is to install the new ecm and leave the moduals stock ignition timing numbers (unless I find some map that includes the stock exhaust) but richen up the FI for a while for break in. Then when I get a new slip on exhaust I will remap the timing as well. Long term goal is to plate the beast, either in CA or if I have to use a relatives address from out of state. Add the ims tank, "seat concepts" seat and a non plastic skid plate.

The wierdest thing about this bike is the swing arm and those cover plugs. I'm not sure I've ever seen or noticed a bike with those. Odd in my opinion but so what.
Doug

Posted Image

• Ride-n-Hard

Posted July 01, 2013 - 09:48 AM

Oh ya, I haven't recieved my manual yet. So whats the procedure for checking the oil level. I don't want to start it till I'm sure it has oil in it. Not that I don't trust the dealer but....

Thanks
Doug

Posted July 01, 2013 - 10:53 AM

This bike comes with a dip stick (black knob at the front of the motor), warm it up, let it sit for a few minutes and check the level.

• Ride-n-Hard

Posted July 01, 2013 - 11:53 AM

No dip stick, just a cap. The dealer said something about removing a bolt but didn't know which one and the service dept was closed for the night.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Boerboel

Posted July 01, 2013 - 01:04 PM

thats the oil fill cap. the dipstick it going to be up and to the left, sitting almost in the middle at the front of the motor. its a black plastic knob.

• Ride-n-Hard

Posted July 01, 2013 - 01:14 PM

Is that what that thing is. I haven't had a great look at the bike yet, but it looked like there is a oil hose line on the rt side of the bike that runs up to that thing.

Thanks

• 123devinzz1

Posted July 01, 2013 - 01:35 PM

Is that what that thing is. I haven't had a great look at the bike yet, but it looked like there is a oil hose line on the rt side of the bike that runs up to that thing.

Thanks

And yes there is an oil level check bolt just in front of the sprocket ( number 1 in pic ) but U never really have to use unless you overfill the bike. Remember that the dipstick doesnt be screwed in when checking. If your kinda particular about it like me you can keep track of everything. Manual says every 1000km but i do it every 500km.

Attached Thumbnails

• photo (16).jpg

• Ride-n-Hard

Posted July 01, 2013 - 03:01 PM

Great thanks. The dealer should have me my manual this week. I appreciate the effort all.

• tighe

Posted July 01, 2013 - 08:29 PM

Fine looking machine.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.