ProTaper vs ETaper, and adapters

5 replies to this topic
  • sirthumpalot

Posted December 04, 2001 - 09:41 AM

My local shop has the ProTaper for $125, or a generic copy called the ETaper for $69. Has anyone seen one of these things, and does it really measure up?

Question two, instead of getting a new top tripple clamp for the ProTaper or ETaper, I can get an adapter for 1/3 the cost. However this will raise the bar 5/8". Are there any opinions on this?

Thanks!!

• Slice543

Posted December 04, 2001 - 10:56 PM

$125 sounds a little high for pro tapers. I probably stay away from the E taper. Most magazines have adds that sell a pro taper bar for $89 or you can get the pro taper bar, applied triple clamp, and pad for $189. In your other post you asked what bend to get - Doug Henry Bend - what else would you buy for a YZ426.

• therapture

Posted December 04, 2001 - 03:01 PM

Originally posted by Slice543:
$125 sounds a little high for pro tapers. I probably stay away from the E taper. Most magazines have adds that sell a pro taper bar for $89 or you can get the pro taper bar, applied triple clamp, and pad for $189. In your other post you asked what bend to get - Doug Henry Bend - what else would you buy for a YZ426.

LOL...Doug Henry bend I would think might be a bit short or close for a 6'4" rider....then again, not everyone is as tall as I am...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted December 04, 2001 - 04:38 PM

I have never seen Protapers for MORE than 89bucks........even at the local shops!
I would say 89bucks avg.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted December 04, 2001 - 04:43 PM

Oh yeah,
almost forgot.........FLY and Answer both make tapered twin wall bars now that the Patent protection ran out for Protaper. Also if you are familiar with baseball or softball...DeMarini makes the best bats you can buy and the price shows it.......anyway they now make bars too.
The FLY's are supposedly guaranteed for anything 4ever???!! just bring'em back and get a new pair,but I have only heard that as a rumor but from pretty good sources.

• motoman393

Posted December 04, 2001 - 04:48 PM

Im 6ft 1" and run the Doug Henry bend Pro Tapers...they work great!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.